Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I(being a non-FFL holder) can ship gun parts through the USPS as long as the part is legal in their state and it is not a receiver. Is this correct? Example a shotgun barrel and a magazine cap for the same shotgun. Just curious if anyone has had problems with the post office before. Thanks in advance, James.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Re: Gun parts through the mail.

Well, it's not "fragile, liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous", so my guess would be that it's fine as long as it's a "legal" part.

·
Registered
570 Posts

yes as long as it's not the recever it's legal, i've sent a lot of parts that way.. :roll:
however if it's a recever .. it can also be shipped to a FFL holder but you have to use UPS or Fedex....
but in both cased...pack the item like it was worth it's weight in gold ( or ammo..lol ) those guys have been known to be a little "ruff" on packages....... :x

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you Gents. I sent some items on Friday to SC priority mail with insurance and a tracking number and it is still not there. When I check USPS.com it says this item not available through the website. I was just worried I did something wrong or the laws had changed.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

jamn44,
Not to worry on that USPS 'tracking' not showing anything.
Generally, the first and last notice you can call up is a cryptic statement that it was "...accepted...", then an announcement that it was delivered.
Both of these usually occure well after delivery has been made.
Also, I've found that Priority Mail in the Southern States takes three to four days minimum!.
Don't despair!
Don
;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you Don. I noticed also I did not get delivery cofirmation on it. I did insure it and I kept my receipt. I think it will all work out.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They lost it or someone stole it or someone is lying. I'm going to fill out the insurance form tomorrow. :evil:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Jamn44
The weekend and the day you Priority-Mail-ed it generally don't 'count'.
My guess is that it'll arrive where it was sent on Tuesday (tomorrow).
I'd hold off on any insurance filing unless and until it's absolutely certain that it's lost.
Don
;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts