Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a recommendation to find a legitimate copy of my State Gun Laws (Florida) without having to buy a $35 book from Amazon. Would rather spend the $35 on a box of 9mm. Ouch!
I Googled it and it lists all of these different web sites to get this and that free and I just want to make sure I'm getting accurate info. If i Have to I will spend the bucks, but seems like there is Google Info on EVERYTHING! Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Premium Member
13,678 Posts
You could go to the source, the Florida statutes...

You'll have the actual words and have to do your own searching and interpretations. As you start, you'll find that these laws are intentionally complex, intertwined and difficult to parse and understand.

Andrew Branca does a good job of interpretation, but you'll have to join his site and pay for his studies.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
What do you want to know? Google FL gun laws and dozens of places up. It isn't hard; Florida does not issue a concealed handgun license, it issues a Concealed Weapons and Firearm License, meaning you can carry concealed more than just a gun.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
What do you want to know? Google FL gun laws and dozens of places up.
Google nothing.

Use the Duck or other site previously recommended here. No doubt someone will happen along with a recommendation.

You'll find law firm sites that are very helpful in interpreting the laws.

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
Google nothing.

Use the Duck or other site previously recommended here. No doubt someone will happen along with a recommendation.

You'll find law firm sites that are very helpful in interpreting the laws.
I use the term Google since it has become synonymous with internet searching. Personally, I use Start Page; private searches no tracking.

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
One can also look at Handgunlaw.us, by state

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts