Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's reached Idaho. Ammo is gone from everywhere. Still can buy some firearms, but there is nothing to feed them with. The owner/operator of one of our local gun stores told me he sold a second-hand Savage Model 110 rifle in .243 Winchester and two boxes of cartridges to a guy who just had to have a gun to protect his family with. Tried to sell him on a nicely used S&W Model 10 (with the tapered barrel). But the gentleman was nervous about a handgun and fixated on the Savage. So he is now the proud owner of a nice little deer rifle which will easily shoot through cars and standard body armor. Luckily it has iron sights so there is no scope to zero. When this situation does wind-down (whenever that is) I'm sure the rifle will return to the same gun-store and it will be bought back; along with two unused (hopefully) boxes of .243 Winchester. It's gotten that crazy.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Tempted to go by the LGS and ask how things are going. We're a conservative county with zero reported cases, yet the local Wally World looks like an East German market at the height of communist shortages.

Stay tuned - same bat time, same bat channel.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
I hope all of these new gun owners realize that had it not been for the 2nd Amendment, they would not have been able to buy a gun to protect themselves.... and will now think twice when it comes to supporting gun grabbing politicians.

We're seeing the same bump in gun sales to first time buyers, who are surprised to learn that they have to wait 10-days before being able to bring it home. News reports here said people were getting upset about the waiting period... poor babies.... irony can be such a ***** sometimes.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I actually sold two new 642s I had in "stock" from a deal I had made years ago when I bought 4 of them all at once. My local Chief of police wanted one for his wife to carry and the local Civil Defence Commander wanted one as well. I wasn't advertising them but the Chief knows I carry one and asked if I wanted to sell it...and so it led to me selling some of my stash.

Even the local law enforcement are on pins and needles...walk softly out there...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I haven't seen gun buying panic here, but ammo is disappearing. I can't find any 40S&W right now. It seems 9mm and 22 is still out there, but the local Academy has set a limit of 3 boxes of ammo a visit.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
I am not in need of additional firearms, reloading components and or commercial ammunition. To those caught up in the current buying frenzy it is what it is. I've lived long enough to see numerous buying cycles fueled by kiss your rear-end goodbye syndrome. It will pass and the new normal will take its place until the next buying stamped occurs fueled by some occurrence.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
I have not been to the LGS for a while but when I drive by in my travels it looks normal traffic wise. I just checked midwayusa ammo and you are limited to 3 boxes. So I ordered 38 super and 45 acp. I still have plenty of 38 spl and 45 colt. Great another ammo shortage.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Only bummer is .. I was looking real hard at an M&P in .40 since I saw them at about $300 a couple weeks ago ... I waited .. Damnit!!!!

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
One of Lincoln's gun stores has posted on Facebook that they are restocking ammo daily. No need to panic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts