Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is up with these grips? I knew they were wrong when I got the gun and have been meaning to ask. Are they a set someone took the belt sander to, not S&W or both? I find it hard to believe they left the factory this way.

·
Registered
249 Posts
A former owner customized the stocks. You can also see the bottom part of the stocks has been refinished. I have seen a few pairs like yours over the years.

Bill

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Doc. The cut around the checkering is just so,,,,, bad, the rounded bottom is uneven, the less than impressive finish,
They are on a 25-5 and I have never noticed a set this poor and wondered about the late 70s-early-80s 'norm' of stocks

·
Registered
490 Posts
azmick said:
Thanks for the reply Doc. The cut around the checkering is just so,,,,, bad, the rounded bottom is uneven, the less than impressive finish,
They are on a 25-5 and I have never noticed a set this poor and wondered about the late 70s-early-80s 'norm' of stocks
AZ- You could replace them with some NICE stags-- I can help you with that. :)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Back when Revolvers were part of the uniform of the day, I used to see alot of cop guns with that sort of alteration.... made getting in and out of cars and armed chairs alot easier...

Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts