Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Looking for some grip enhancements for my M&P 9mm full size. Anyone have any experience with grip tape or more fitted 'stick on" grip enhancements? looking for something other than stippling. I am not opposed to stippling, just don't want to have to send my weapon out and wait weeks for it to return, and hassle with FFL transfers
back and forth. Find that to be ridiculous considering its my pistol, I should be able to send it anywhere directly and get it back directly. Also the price for stippling is a bit high from most that I have seen. So what have you guys come up with? Any pics?

·
Registered
14,484 Posts
The Traction Grips, and Talon Grips both work well and are easy to apply. I have the rubberized "Talon" grips on my M&P Shield, and the rubberized "Traction" grips on my Ruger SR9c. The Traction grips are cheaper, but seem to be the same material as the Talon grips. I've had the grips on the ruger for a year and on my Shield for 15 months, ....these are my carry guns... and both sets look like when I put them on, so they are durable. They both make grips with a sandpaper grit type of surface too. Those are great for range guns, but tend to wear holes in your clothing if used on a gun you conceal carry.
In my opinion the "Traction", or "Talon" grips would be worth a try for you. The cost less than $20.00, and if you don't like it, you can peel them off, and they don't leave a mess. You cant go wrong with either brand, I went by whichever companies design looked best to me for the given gun. They ship really quick, and do increase friction between your hand and the polymer grip.
Talongrips TALON Gun Grips for Smith & Wesson M&P Full Size .22/ 9mm/ .357/ .40/ PRO
Tactiongrips Tractiongrips: fit S&W M&P9, M&P40 Full Size Frame

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked them out, I think I will try the Talon grips as they cover they whole grip. The Traction grips appear to only cover the side and front strap.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put a Pachmayer slip on grip sleeve on my 40 Shield, here it is:

On my 40c, I had the palm swell grip stippled, & it seems to help:

There are a couple of people that do a good job of stippling. This guy did the palm swell grip for me:

A2 Stippling - Home

here's another guy that is doing complete grips and frames. I've never had any work done by him but he's recommended highly:
Damato Custom Stippling and Cerakote MP Glock Grip

Hope this helps you!

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
Adam45,
If you send your pistol to have work done to it and the person is a licensed gunsmith you don't need to involve another FFL in the process. They just need to ship it directly back to you from the same name and address it was shipped to them. The Feds have a gunsmith transfer allowance on their books, and it's 100% okay to to it that way.
If somebody tells you otherwise they're wrong! I've had a fair bit of work done that way and it's really convenient doing it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts