Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Target grips are on it now,it ain't mine yet but could be if I find the right grip combo.I have a set of wooden hogue mono grips on a ruger sp101 and like them alot, if I could get a set of finger groove grips to make it more like a l frame ,I would buy it tommorrow!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Slim,

Replacement stocks are very common for the Model 28.

Take a look at Factory Magnas used in combination with a Tyler T adaptor, similar to what you see on the N-Frame model 27 (near identical to your 28) in this photo....

Drew

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
Slim, I only have two N-frames and have been cursed with small hands, but fat fingers! On my model 29 I have a set of Craig Spegel's and on my 28-2 a set of Herrit's that I won here in a Karma drawing from a fellow member. Both examples made a big difference in the comfort, feel and control of my grip. As Sebago Son noted, there are lot's of after-market options, but as all have stated, the S&W targets are much larger than S&W Magnas. Here's some pics:

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
Slim, if {I really mean when :lol: } you get a 28, send me a 'mail to' address and I'll send you a set of after market stocks {sile?, they kind of look like those pictured inBlackcloud's first picture} and you can grind, whittle away, and belt sand the dickens of of them untill they fit you

·
Registered
22,115 Posts
Hogue makes some excellent finger groove grips that are great for smaller hands. They make both rubber grips, and some beautifully finished hardwood grips. They look real good too!!! ;) Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.