Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
How is he "irresponsibly spreading" the virus? He was wearing a mask (IMO is a waste of time), and taking the precautions as deemed necessary. And how is he making that choice for others? His customers CHOSE what THEY think is best for THEM, not you, not me not that nazi witch of a governor.
OH NO! They (and we) can't be allowed to choose for themselves! They need the nazi-nanny witch to think for them and make all their choices for them and take care of them.
Can't be pro choice in this context. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wonder how many people who demand that the "irresponsible" barber close his shop are customers of Walmart or any other big store chain that has remained open throughout?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Your analogy of safe cars doesn't work.

The state is not saying that Manke can cut hair as long he does it safely. The state has banned cutting hair, period. There is no "reasonable laws" at this time allowing for haircutting in Michigan, it's been banned for many weeks. That's why I was saying it was analogous to Joe demanding everyone stop driving.
No. What the state is correctly saying is that according to medical experts there is no safe way to cut hair right now.

That is only until the emergency passes. This is not just a reasonable edict, it's a life-saving edict.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
How is he "irresponsibly spreading" the virus? He was wearing a mask (IMO is a waste of time), and taking the precautions as deemed necessary. And how is he making that choice for others? His customers CHOSE what THEY think is best for THEM, not you, not me not that nazi witch of a governor.
The masks are not perfect. A barber is in close contact with people for hours. That WILL spread the virus. The customers might WANT to choose what they think is best for them, but the governor is mandated to do what's best for ALL the people, not just a few selfish people.

Those selfish people might want to drive 125 miles per hour, too........but wiser heads have prevailed on that as well.

Nobody here likes that governor, but she has a job to do to beat this virus and she's doing it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm never amazed by alleged conservatives who behave like liberals. An example or two stand out right here.

Projecting selfishness on others who value freedom is plainly obvious. We are all free to fail or succeed, except in your world apparently.
Our "Liberty" stops where it may endanger the lives of others.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I wonder how many people who demand that the "irresponsible" barber close his shop are customers of Walmart or any other big store chain that has remained open throughout?
I haven't seen any barber shops in the WalMarts around here.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Masks: the modern day yellow star or perhaps, the mark of the beast.

North Carolina's so-called leaders have been pushing the mask thing for weeks and their propaganda arm has been fanning the flames.

Well, well, well, apparently today a minority group raised the issue that they felt they were being profiled due to wearing masks and it was causing them stress, SO our pandering "leaders" now have totally changed their tune and said that masks are merely a recommendation and not a requirement.

One more reason why I think the whole thing is overblown and the leaders only care about control. Its much like gun control, it is not about guns, its about control.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The masks are not perfect. A barber is in close contact with people for hours. That WILL spread the virus. The customers might WANT to choose what they think is best for them, but the governor is mandated to do what's best for ALL the people, not just a few selfish people.

Those selfish people might want to drive 125 miles per hour, too........but wiser heads have prevailed on that as well.

Nobody here likes that governor, but she has a job to do to beat this virus and she's doing it.
No, what she is doing is removing the free will of the people and instituting her own nazi tyranny - and you're good to go with it - how sad for you. This governor is following her orders from the DNC. Amazing how GA, FL, UT, SD, AR and a host of others have no problem - stop making excuses for losing your freedom at the hand of a tyrant. This was no big deal under Obama when the H1N1 killed so many

·
Registered
476 Posts
No, what she is doing is removing the free will of the people and instituting her own nazi tyranny - and you're good to go with it - how sad for you. This governor is following her orders from the DNC. Amazing how GA, FL, UT, SD, AR and a host of others have no problem - stop making excuses for losing your freedom at the hand of a tyrant. This was no big deal under Obama when the H1N1 killed so many
Even the extreme leftist governor of NC, Ray-Roy (the bathroom boy) Cooper, deigned to grant those despicable subjects that he looks down on the right to a haircut effective at 5:00 PM today

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
No. What the state is correctly saying is that according to medical experts there is no safe way to cut hair right now.

That is only until the emergency passes. This is not just a reasonable edict, it's a life-saving edict.
Except those "experts" have been wrong - EVERY SINGLE TIME

You want to believe that BS while other states rebound? Do so, but stop forcing your view based on false data on everyone else.

According to your view, then bars should be banned because some folks drive drunk; and also since most folks die from other issues in a hospital, maybe we should eliminate hospitals and major medical treatments because they fail all the time at keeping folks safe...................
Maybe you need one of those underground end of the world silos where you can wait this out for the next decade until you feel safe enough to come outside.

I'll repost two of my sig line quotes:

"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa

"I mean, I've alwats been a Libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's Hair" Clint Eastwood

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I haven't seen 500 people in a barber shop, either. Which one has a better chance of having an infected person inside? A barber shop which may see a dozen people a day or a Walmart that might have several thousand customers?
The barber has close, touching, physical contact with each person for ten or fifteen minutes.......and a lot more than a dozen a day.

WalMart has no such contact. Not that I think WalMart should be open. Most places have increasing cases every day. Too early to open yet.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Traffics laws don't prevent traffic deaths.

Gun laws don't prevent gun deaths.

But now you think preventing people from earning a living will ultimately save lives? Have you learned nothing?
Preventing SOME deaths is called REDUCING deaths.

That's the word you lack.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Except those "experts" have been wrong - EVERY SINGLE TIME'
No. The experts have been right most of the time.

I pay no attention to people who think they somehow know more than the experts.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
No, what she is doing is removing the free will of the people and instituting her own nazi tyranny....
No. She's keeping the people safe by stopping a few selfish people from endangering them.

Nothing "Nazi" about it. Exaggerate much?

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
The barber has close, touching, physical contact with each person for ten or fifteen minutes.......and a lot more than a dozen a day.

WalMart has no such contact. Not that I think WalMart should be open. Most places have increasing cases every day. Too early to open yet.
No point in arguing with them. They will be right until they get Covid, then they will be whining the loudest.

I'd like to see things 'open back up' then these people who post this stuff won't have excess time on their hands.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
And you two will continue to be sheep, following the nazi march, right to the trains to the death camps

It's simple, if you two want to stay hibernating, please fell free to do so; why should the millions of others lose everything they have because of the tyranny of a DNC led governor whose only ambition is NOT to keep you safe but to try and take down POTUS?. If a "safe vaccine" is only 2-3 years away, you REALLY want to destroy everything in this country because you are afraid of catching a flu variation?

·
Super Moderator
31,476 Posts
The comments here are going south, this thread is closed before they get totally out of hand. Let's see that it does not continue elsewhere on other threads.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.