Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone.

I'm John and I am from (and live in) Malta, Europe. Malta is a former British Colony that went through a lot over the centuries, particulalry the bombings in WWII. In 1964 we got our independence, became a Republic in 1974 and joined the EU in 2004. It consists of an archipelago of a few islands, measuring 122 sq miles, but quite heavily populated (450,000 inhabitants).
Almost all this on Wikipedia is tru: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta :D:D:D

In Eureope there are no countries fortunate enough to have the equivalent of the 2A enjoyed by the Americans. Certain countries allow the keeping and carrying of guns, while others are very restricted.

In the case of MAlta, we have a very strong and good legislation which was only introduced in 2006, whre we can keep workign guns for collection, hunting and sports shooting (all uner different "schedules" and licences). There are restriction son full-auto (must be pre-1946) and obvioulsy mortars, missile launchers and the fun bit are all banned :D
Now - some information about myself - I'll be 49 this month, and have been into serious gun shooting and collection these past 10 years-or-so.

I absolutley adore mechanical things (cars, trucks, guns, tools, etc).

In my collection I have a bit of everything, but now I am concentrating on S&W and Walther, plus the odd Mauser and HK. However I have plenty CZs as well, XDM, Berettas, etc.

I'm more or less active in IPSC, ICORE, and sometimes in Steel challenge, Pin shooting and also bench rest.
Normally I visit a shooting range every weekend.

This is a list of S&W that I have:
29-2 4"
29-2 6" box & papers
25-2 with box
65-5
37-something
52-1 (3lb trigger from factory) + box + papers
67 no dash
10-6 one of my favourite shooters!!!

I'm out looking for:
a mod 13
a mod 14 or 15
a mod 19
a mod 27
a mod 66

No, by bank account aint happy at all.

I'm here to learn more about S&W and hopefully gather some help and opinions when about to acquire myself some used guns.

Your support is highly appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,669 Posts
Hi John, and welcome to the forum. There is alot of accumulated knowledge here, so jump right in and enjoy the community.

I'm happy to see shooting sports respected in Malta. It's not the same across Europe. Friends in mainland Europe deal with amazing problems when collecting and participating in shooting sports.

It looks like you have a good collection, and also enjoy the model 10 as I do!

Cheers. Marc

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
Welcome from northern Idaho, USA.
I'm sure you'll find the forum informative and friendly.
Please stop by often, and feel free to post photos of your guns. They don't have to just be S&W's either.

See you later!

Reactions: jcm2710

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...in the next few weeks...??? You really want to see me bankrupt?

Heh! Heh!

I'm trying my luck with a 2.5" modle 66-1 with (tattered) box and papers over teh weekend - wish me luck!
Prices are on their way up, keeping eyes peeled for good models. I have a few in mind, but would be interested in anything in good good condition with box and papers, or something old really worth buying.
I hope to end this year having concluded on either a model 19 or model 27, though. 4" if possible.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks gearchecker!

That would be nice! I have a respectable collection - nothing special, but I'm no rich guy able to outbid the others, so I buy what I can.
I'd be glad to see people appreciating some nice guns.
Of course, bear in mind I'm in Europe, so some guns you might expect to find in any collection might not be easy to find here, but I do my best!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Hello John and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana, U.S.A.!!! Looks like a nice collection you have going there! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!!!

Reactions: jcm2710

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Greetings mate love Malta, do you guys still have the ww2 hospital caves?

Thewelshm

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 29 Posts