Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New M&P 9c owner and new to the Forum as well.

Figured it was time to get serious about protection and home defense while I still can, so I researched and went to the range and fired a lot of rented guns and rounds. My concealed carry permit is in the works and on the way.

My wife is still trying to decide on her gun, but will likely settle on the M&P Shield 9mm while I am considering a Shield 9mm or .45 for myself as well.

After that, it will be the M&P 15 Sport II.

Christian
Conservative
1A
2A
Pro-Life
Pro-Military
Pro-USA

God Bless and stay safe

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NW Pennsylvania! Excellent gun choices but you will need to be dedicated to regular practice sessions. The Shield is a great gun. Mine is almost 7 years old, but the narrow frame can be difficult to shoot accurately.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Greetings mate..

thewelshm

·
Premium Member
9,902 Posts
I think the 9mm Shield is one of the better choices for self defense handgun.

Here's mine, part of regular carry rotation:

_NB29420CUs.jpg

_NB29417NSs.jpg

They are soilid, reliable, compact self defense handguns. The one I bought has the Performance Center enhancements (porting and fiber optic sights) with an improved trigger.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Welcome from lake Sinclair! Good process you are using and excellent choices in the M&Pc and the Shield. I have one of each as well as a full size M&P and I am very pleased with all 3. Post often.

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Just recently purchased a 1st Gen 9mm shield to add to the collection and it's a great shooter once you get used to it. Good luck with your decisions regarding what to get and keep us up to date. We'd also like a follow up range report once you've made your choices.:cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
New M&P 9c owner and new to the Forum as well.

Figured it was time to get serious about protection and home defense while I still can, so I researched and went to the range and fired a lot of rented guns and rounds. My concealed carry permit is in the works and on the way.

My wife is still trying to decide on her gun, but will likely settle on the M&P Shield 9mm while I am considering a Shield 9mm or .45 for myself as well.

After that, it will be the M&P 15 Sport II.

Christian
Conservative
1A
2A
Pro-Life
Pro-Military
Pro-USA

God Bless and stay safe
You sir, are deplorable. Just like the rest of us here.

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Welcome from a neighbor in NE GA.

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
welcome01 to the forum. Can't go wrong with the Shield.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts