Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a 58 years old S&W lover from Flanders Belgium, Federal Examinator all guns ans IPSC shooter for years
i own in my career different S&W revolvers, (model 29,28,686,586,629,) and have stil a 629-3 and a 686-3, that i shoot
every week.
ik will wish you all a merry christmas, and a fine shootingyear 2010.

Jeff

·
Administrator
8,094 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas to you, too! welcome01

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Welcome Sir!

It is nice to see a new member from across the pond. Please post when you can.

What do you mean by "Federal Examiner"? Is that in regards to your country's gun laws?

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
nugfaong and welcome01 and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I've been to Belgium. Several times, in fact. Mostly NATO exercises back in the 70s. My memory of those times is somewhat dim. More often dark. But I do remember the people and they were good hearted and kind to this young Army officer.

Hey, guys, did you know that waffles and french fries originated in Belgium? One of the world's best beers, a Trappist monk brewed beer, comes from Belgium? I don't drink beer. But, I love french fries.

Welcome, from the Great and Sovereign State of Texas.

I'm the King of Texas. Tell your King to come on over so Onumbnuts (Obama) can bow to us. We can crash one of his White House parties. Tell him to bring me some waffles. kfjdrfirii ;)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Welcome!! Merry Christmas to yo as well!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
jeffie,
We're glad to see you here, and hope you'll enjoy the forum!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.
Don
welcome01

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Hi jeffie,

A warm welcome to the forum. welcome01

Visit and post often. hpzl;n;

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Welcome Jeff
Count a fellow member of this forum from Arizona as a friend!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My late mother-in-law was from Hemiksem and was simply a wonderful person. My wife and all of us miss her greatly. I think that most of those of us here in American are more than a bit curious about European gun ownership, please share with us how you enjoy the hobby! welcome01

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks to you all!! for now in my contry gunlaws are changed in 2006, afther a man got him a lever action gun in 30-30 kaliber and he shoot 2 woman and a baby in the street.
one off the woman and the baby were killed.
the Belgian parlement voted, in the days that followed this crime, a new restricted gunlaw:every gunowner had to go to the police stations, to register the guns, and all the gunlicens were renuwed by the gouvernor off his state(provincie),

the gunowners had to suscipe themselves in a gunrange,had to follow a examen to behave a licens to shoot, and need to know the new gunlaw and,they were obligated to practice at least 12 times in a year
a lot off people abandoned their guns for distruction; so ten-thousends off unique nice guns were distructed or hold for education in a museum (exeptional pieces)

for now all firewaopens are registraded, and those who arent, the owner risk heavy penaltys.

sorry for my writing, I am Dutch-speaking.

jeff

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Thank you for the information Jeff, very informative. As to your command of the English language, you're doing fine.....don't expect much from any of us if we have to respond in Flemish! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Blackcloud2 said:
Thank you for the information Jeff, very informative. As to your command of the English language, you're doing fine.....don't expect much from any of us if we have to respond in Flemish! :mrgreen:

Well said! My english isn't that great most of the time either!

;)

Welcome to the forum, Jeff !!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks you all, it feels like coming home !!

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
32,471 Posts
Blackcloud2 said:
LOL too true!

I admit to butchering the English language myself. I agree with Alphonso...here in TX it isn't hello it is Howdy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts