Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Larry...the paper! I'd like to see a close-up of that "always lost" screwdriver. Didn't know they came with two cleaning rods.

What a start to a collection! A life-long collector might search for years without finding a gun with all the tools & papers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My camera is broken so I can only use what I have on file. It did not come with two rods. One is aluminum and the other steel. They got mixed up and I am not sure which is correct. The box is numbered to the gun and all the numbers on the gun match. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
12,738 Posts
Very Nice! Some folks here have some awesome pieces in their collections...........

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Super Moderator
19,377 Posts
[quoye] I have an old S&W screwdriver just like the one shown in the picture. [/quote]

That is not a screwdriver! It is the sight alignment tool used to adjust the windage of the rear sights. It fits in the sight screw perfectly.
Generically we call it an SAT.

BigLarry, that's a really nice collection of K's you have there. Thanks for sharing..

Regards,
Gearchecker

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quoye] I have an old S&W screwdriver just like the one shown in the picture.
That is not a screwdriver! It is the sight alignment tool used to adjust the windage of the rear sights. It fits in the sight screw perfectly.

BigLarry, that's a really nice collection of K's you have there. Thanks for sharing..

Regards,
Gearchecker
[/QUOTE]
Thanks buddy, but it is a sight adjustment tool. Big Larry

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big Larry, I have a K-22 5 digit 107xx. No box or docs like yours, but a real fine piece nevertheless.
View attachment 477999 View attachment 478000

Regards,
Gearchecker
Thanks buddy, but it is a sight adjustment tool. Big Larry
[/QUOTE]
I love those stocks on the gun on the right. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Larry, you make it even better every time you show off one of those beauties
I have 49 S&W's all shapes and sizes. Many pre war and some post war collectibles. Nothing fancy like a RM, but I do have the next best thing. A mint in the box 38-44 Outdoorsman pre war. My Grail Gun. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Yes, but if it's designed to turn a slotted screw, it's a screwdriver; a special purpose screwdriver, but still a screwdriver. Jeweler's screwdrivers have blades as fine, but they're still called screwdrivers.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Nice looking American Iron mate!....

Welcome aboard

thewelshm

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
It's a $1,000 screwdriver. Big Larry
THAT makes it pretty special! Most valuable screwdriver ever manufactured; must be lots of them laying unrecognized in old gunsmith's or machinist's toolboxes, just like the newer one (alum handle) I keep in my range box.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THAT makes it pretty special! Most valuable screwdriver ever manufactured; must be lots of them laying unrecognized in old gunsmith's or machinist's toolboxes, just like the newer one (alum handle) I keep in my range box.
Sure are a lot of those around. I have at least one of every type except for the tiny one and the real old two piece.
I have two boxed guns that should have had the small SAT, but like most, mine were gone too. Big Larry

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
If they're bringing $1000, or even half that much, I wonder if fakes have been produced. The pre-war red boxes began being faked when they started bringing stupid money.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts