Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 32 caliber S. & W. Long with serial # 662883 . I have pictures of my Mother shooting it when I believe she was in her twenties . She is now 85 . Would love help identifying it’s specific model designation and year of manufacture . Anybody ?? And thank you very much !!!

·
Premium Member
18,604 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Please post pictures of all sides of the revolver. We can tell you much more from a picture than a simple description.

Guy

·
Registered
22,025 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! As others have said...pics would be helpful to answer any other questions you may have.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to do that, but I am technologically illiterate, so when I get home from work today I will have my wife show me how to do that. Thank you all very much for welcoming me into the group. Pictures soon.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi BodyPilot,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,604 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Your mother's gun is a .32 Regulation Police revolver. Another RP with SN 662567 shipped in September 1957. I suspect your gun shipped around the same time if not in the same month. In 1957, S&W designated these guns as Model 31. However, official stamping of the model # inside the yoke cut didn't occur until 1958 for most guns. So, if you open the cylinder and look inside the hinge there probably will not be a MOD 31 stamped in there. It appears to be in pristine condition. Congratulations on an awesome heirloom!

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Welcome to the forum and that is a great heirloom. The 32 is very easy to shoot and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for that !!! I just might have to keep it put away as a collectors piece and buy my wife something else since I now know it is a somewhat rare gun. I will be checking inside the cylinder for any markings as you suggested. Very informative group. Thank you all.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts