Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any and all information on my Granny's .32 Long. Serial # on butt and back of cylinder is 84???. Number in yoke is 34???. Left side of the bbl is marked 32 Long Ctg. Top is marked Smith&Wesson, Springfield, Mass, USA. PAT'D March 27, 1894, August 4, 1896, December 22, 1898, October 8, 1901, December 17, 1901, February 6 1908. It is in a holster marked F. A. Meanea, Cheyenne, Wyo. As near as I can find, this company went out of business in 1928. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 20200319_083610.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Granny had good taste in guns.

It looks like a Smith & Wesson Regulation Police revolver, and a very nice piece of jockstrap holster leather in which to carry the revolver.

Is the holster made by HH Heiser?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice old revolver. Both look to be in good shape.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Your granny was probably like mine.....except mine had a rolling pin mate..:)

Thewelshm

·
Registered
27,105 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice older classic.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
Nice pistol. That holster may be quite valuable (compared to other holsters). Meanea was a very high quality holster maker, and with that managed a pretty low profile in the market. Get some good quality leather conditioner, and like a ball glove gently work it into the old leather to bring it back to life.
You should enjoy this combo for decades to come.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Registered
15,955 Posts
There are people who collect Menea leather, several years ago I bought a holster of theirs at a flea market for three dollars, I sold it on e-bay for $250.00, and then a guy that was familiar with their leather goods said it was probably worth $500.00. I really don't know but it's something you might want to look into.
https://www.vintagegunleather.com/co...a_history.html

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
welcome01to the forum from SE Indiana. Nice old family heirloom..cherish it.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Hey Bill,

Welcome to S&W!

Later, Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts