Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find more information for a friend regarding a 38 spl . Ctg. That was recently inherited from his grandfather. The SN is 217934. And all numbers are matching I including the grips. Condition is fair, with expected wear for a gun of it's age.
Any information you can provide is appreciated .
This is my first post, so my apologies if I'm in the wrong place.

Thanks,
Zach

Attachments

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
That's a nice old 38 Military and Police. I believe that is a model of 1905, 3rd change. Mine with serial number 1821xx, I have been told was shipped around 1911. Yours would probably have been made a few years later

·
Registered
18,745 Posts
That is great inheritance, as notonly has all the history and memories but is an excellent shooter for being over 100 years old.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's Priceless! I can't help you with information, because all of my books are at home, but some of these "retired" folks will help you out I'm sure.

Welcome to the Forum,......and see if you can help him in firing and cleaning it. It's looks to be in very good condition. Please make double darn sure the barrel is free of all dirt, dust and debris before you fire it. I'm sure it will work just fine.

·
Super Moderator
33,373 Posts
Welcome to the forum! welcome01

I agree with priceless because of where you received it from!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts