Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gun has been through three generations of cops, me being the last.
S&W, "I" frame Hand Ejector, born around 1950, with a hard to find 2 inch barrel.
It was even stolen in a burglary at my dad's house and recovered, with the burglar going to jail via the hospital.

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
I get the feeling it has found a wonder place to sit for a while. Great photo work, great gun kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
I'm a slobbering fool for snubnose babes, that one is HOT!!!! Thanks for sharing with us! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
497 Posts
Not a bad back up. Will you be the last, or just the latest? That's a great hand me down to any officer, especially a son or daughter.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Day Time Dave,

I'm the last cop in the family, the gun will go to my son who was smart enough to stay the hell out of police work, it sure ain't like it used to be, after 34 years I'm as obsolete as that gun and I will be old school til the end.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nothing wrong with old school. I retired into a new law enforcement job. I'm often referred to the old school guy. I love it. There is nothing "new" at the new school. Just a bunch of people who've never seen it before.

I'm hoping my son and daughter are smart enough to go into something else also. It has changed a bit.

If your .32 was to retire, I'd say it was well deserved.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I took the MI grand into combat in Laos, was it considered old school? You bet your ass it was, I made kills at over 300 yards. It's all about training pride, as a marine my love of the corps is a matter of pride. The spirit of the corps is the same. the weapons have changed. I still think that the M1 Grand is the ultimate weapon. :)

·
Super Moderator
32,540 Posts
I agree with the comments above. Great looking revolver.

CPierce, I know what you mean about the M-1. The one I have fires every time I squeeze the trigger, but is a bit long and heavy. I keep saying one of these days I need to find a tanker version to fit my shortish arms.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Wendy some of my fellow marines had the same problem. It's very hard to make a rifle to fit everybody. But at over 500 yards that 30-06 would make you very dead. The 223 doe's not even come close to the ballistics of the 30-06. The only reason I'm here now is because of that great rifle. I can't recall how many times I cursed that 10 pound rifle, But like an old hunting dog It was there when I needed it most. ;)

·
Super Moderator
32,540 Posts
c pierce said:
The only reason I'm here now is because of that great rifle. I can't recall how many times I cursed that 10 pound rifle, But like an old hunting dog It was there when I needed it most. ;)
I am certainly glad that you had it. I bet there are many more vets who feel the same way. I like the AR rifles, but the idea of shooting at a person in combat with a caliber that is used in this country for varmint hunting? Then you read a book like Black Hawk Down and the fact that the Rangers and Delta Force personnel kind of kidded Shugarth(or was it Gordon) for carrying a M-14 because of the size and weight, but then envied him because one hit from that 7.62 NATO round put would put an enemy down while the AP 5.56 did not...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
C Pierce, I agree, you just can't beat the awesome power of the Garand.
I have one that was converted by Beretta to the M59, with the 20 round mag.

Wendy, I bet you can hit what you aim at with that Garand, a great piece of firearms history. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
C Pierce,

Yes it does feed reliably, and sometime today I'll post a picture in the rifle section, it's a neat rifle and my friends keep trying to buy it from me, I let them shoot it and when it's empty I gotta get it back at gunpoint. nfiofnp
Wish I could shoot one in the full auto version.

Chuck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts