Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, you win the Lotto, what guns would count as Grails for you?
I have a few.
A prewar K-32

A 6" plain sight Ladysmith (I almost got one of these :) )

and a nickel Pre 29

Post 'em if you got 'em! :)

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
While nice, my grail guns would not be handguns at all but a few bespoke shotguns with some exquisite engraving by a few Italian masters

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I think my S&W grail gun list has been filled.

I have 2 on my Marlin/Ruger Grail list, a Marlin 1894CB in .32 H&R Magnum and a Buckeye Sports Ruger Blackhawk convertible, with the 38/40 and 10mm cylinders, to go with the Buckeye Blackhawk I already have, with the 32/20 and 32 H&R Magnum cylinders.

·
Super Moderator
19,900 Posts
Grail gun is a select fire M1918-A2 BAR. If it had to be a hand gun it would be a K-32, first issue with no model markings

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I have a few.
A prewar K-32
Yep, a winning lottery will be needed. I saw prewar K32 sell for $25,000 at a gun auction near Gettysburg. And the period correct stocks weren't even numbered to the gun. That was about 4 years ago.
In a S&W I'd settle for a target Triple Lock 44 Special. For a long gun, a nice Remington Hepburn in 38-55 would do nicely.

John

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If I won the lottery? :) The Grand Prize??? :unsure: Oh, there would be a bunch of them! :giggle:

Obviously, the first gun I'd buy would be a top condition, all-original Registered Magnum... assuming I could find one, of course. :) (y)(y)(y)

Second gun would be a 6" blued Colt Python... vintage As-New-In-Box if possible, otherwise a brand new 6" stainless one. (y) Yes, at my advanced age, I am still feeling Python-deprived. ;)

Next would be at least one top condition Triple Lock... :) ... followed quickly (I'd hope) by a K-32 Masterpiece. :giggle:

After that, I'd start upgrading and filling in some of the more "modern" holes in my S&W collection... but also keeping a sharp eye out for really unique vintage and antique collectibles such as the old Straight Line target pistol . (y) The possibilities never really end. :giggle:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts