Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I didn't even use a gun.

I got a call at 6:30 that a buddy had shot a doe and button buck. He didn't want either and I have standing orders out. So i drove out and picked 'em up. Came home skinned and gutted then plunked in an ice bath for the night.

Tomorrow they'll be hung to drip then processed on my kitchen counter in another day.

Sorry no pics, it was a fast operation.

fnovnpoa

G

·
0 Posts
I hit one on the interstate two nights ago...does that count? Prolly not, as it scrambled away... ;)

giz ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Nframe said:
And I didn't even use a gun.

I got a call at 6:30 that a buddy had shot a doe and button buck. He didn't want either and I have standing orders out. So i drove out and picked 'em up. Came home skinned and gutted then plunked in an ice bath for the night.

Tomorrow they'll be hung to drip then processed on my kitchen counter in another day.

Sorry no pics, it was a fast operation.

fnovnpoa
Did he tag them both? What are your limits down there?

Hear in the northeast it is interesting to talk of guys hunting from other parts of the state where killing deer is more like bag limits than tagging out. In NH you are allowed one with bow and one with firearm. Most days during the season it has to be a buck.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Free meat!! Got to love that!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forester said:
....Did he tag them both? What are your limits down there?

Hear in the northeast it is interesting to talk of guys hunting from other parts of the state where killing deer is more like bag limits than tagging out. In NH you are allowed one with bow and one with firearm. Most days during the season it has to be a buck.

Forester,

yes he tagged 'em both, but only because they were "antlerless" and being transported from him to me.
We get 18 doe days during the season. Two are allowed each of the days. Our season goes Sept. 15 thru Jan. 1st. and every Saturday is a doe day. Every day during the season you are allowed 2 bucks. So, you can see there is the possiblity of a LOT of deer.

These were the 4th and 5th he has taken so far.

Fat Tom has killed a few so far also and has my order for one when the time works. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts