Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn thing is nearly 100%. All it needs is the box. Not even a turn line. Look at the wood... perfect. I don't think it's been fired.

Flash made some funny spots. The gun is flawless.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
It looks like you made a perfect score on it.I bought a model 41 like that once out of atlanta news paper no pics just the mans word on it.For the price I paid I figured I would make out good even if it had only half the finish. It turned out to be as close to 100 per cent as you could get. He told me he had a super nice marlin 45-70 for a very low price that I wish some would have slapped me up side the head for not buying.
It makes your day and helps keep your faith in your fellow man who describes something accurately. So many rips offs any more who will tell you any thing.
I bought a model 17 once that was said to be 98 per cent.It looked it in the pics and when I got it I was pleased.After I took it out and shot it a few days later and cleaned it I noticed the blueing magicly come off around the muzzle to expose a some holster wear as well as on the cylinder.
To late to send it back and it wasnt real bad wear just made the gun more like about 90 per cent but made me want to choke the guy to death.
I am not sure what he used on it but I am guessing it was one of those marker pen type things for touching up blueing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is a nice one and one I don't have. You're going to cost me more money because I'm going to be looking for one.
Bob

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
nice when you find a fifty four year old masterpiece in that kind of shape!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congratulations! I've got a sentimental fondness for that stubby little cartridge. Please let us know how your reloading experiments go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts