Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Model 24-3 I posted about a few weeks ago! If you recall, I was on the fence between this gun and a somewhat worn nickel M29 4 inch. I decided on this one due to the fact that they're scarcer and I would load a M29 like a .44 Spl anyway, plus this gun is in practically new condition. I'll try to post some pics later.

So, here are the particulars. 4 inch Model 24-3 in excellent condition, with box, papers, and tools. Gun is in beautiful shape, box is a bit tattered, perhaps stored in a damp place. Slight rust on the corner clips. I also got a Bianchi thumbreak holster and a .30 caliber can of my friend's reloads (which I see as brass.) Although I trust my friend's reloading practices, I'll probably pull most of the ammo, dump the powder, salvage the bullets & brass, and reload it myself. The gun has a pair of rubber Hogues on it (he did not still have the original grips,) and the only modification was that my friend had the trigger narrowed and smoothed for DA work. Cost was $600.

I have a set of nice Ahrends that I was looking to buy an N frame to put on, and I have already acquired a target trigger (which is my preference anyhow.)

Like I said, I'll try to get some pics up later.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Very nice, and a decent price too! The 4" .44 Special is my favorite packing/shooting S&W. My "packer" is a stainless (624) so there is no worry about bluing wear inside a holster, but still I am always looking for a 24-3 4" to "round out the collection" (this sickness never ends!).

Oh and, the sooner the better with them pictures!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice work Patrick !! Congrats !! B-)

Lookin forward to the pics too .
You can still find the original grips on Ebay or Gun Broker but they`ll set you back a few bucks . Atleast you won`t have to worry about them numbering to the gun .

I like the Factory combats , they fit my hand very well .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ralph!

Actually, my only reason for wanting the original grips is to "have them." I don't care for the 80s vintage Goncalo Alves targets so I would have changed them anyway. I actually like these Ahrends quite a bit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey Patrick ,
Isn`t the 24-3 a Round Butt ??

If so you`d need the Combats to keep for originality .

I`ll keep an eye out .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys I'm having trouble with the pics. Apparently I need to make them smaller. They are posted on the other S&W forum. I'll keep at it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toroflow, how the hell did you do that? That is my picture!!!
Anyway, here they are:

Here's the whole package

Here's two shots with the Ahrends grips

And here's a little spot of rust I found when Iremoved the Hogues. [email protected] it!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey Patrick ,
Great lookin gun !! Don`t worry about the rust , it happens .

I must not have been paying attention , I assumed it was a LH gun and i think their all round butts !!
GA targets would look great on it , your right !!

Nice pics too !! B-)

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Patrick... welcome to the 24-3 club!! I just bought a 24-3 a few weeks ago too... they are great guns.

About how your pic was posted here... it's easy to do with just about any pic on the internet. Right click on the photo, select "save picture as" to download it to your computer, upload it to a hosting site and then you can put a link to it in the post.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, I post a lot of pics. Its just that the new forum system made me size them smaller, and I needed to figure out how to do that!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Not only do we have great pics of a M24-3, but there looks to be a harmonica playing squirrel in this thread as well!!

:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts