Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this gun on GB last week. I bid on the gun with 15 minutes,10 seconds left and won it. There were only 2 other bids! It's a 19-no dash in MUCH better shape than the seller's pics show (I'd say an easy 97% finish). I had swapped several e-mails with them asking for the serial number on the grips,the markings on the grip adapter,etc. I sent pics of a grip adapter to make sure that we were talking original. All answers were positive. So,here's my $540 19-no dash wearing pre-war magnas, apparently from a K-22 Outdoorsman's revolver and the first pre-war K-frame grip adapter that I have ever seen in the flesh,so to speak. I'm a happy camper!

f.t.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by fat tom; Today at 11:27 AM.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fat Tom, that's surely a purty "Free" gun no matter which forum she appears on. You have really found a nice one and the accessories are a real bonus. You should be proud, as I'm sure you are, of your acquisition, congratulations! Since the grips and grip adapter are highly valued and your outlay was such that the gun was free, you in the market for selling it?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Bobby,
Congratulations are sure in order here! hpzl;n;
Not only is the gun pretty nice, but it's less than free!
I would find (easily) the period-correct wood for that M 19, then mount the grip adapter and grips in a shadow-box for posterity (and your retirement).
Good going.
kfjdrfirii nfiofnp l;l;naaaa
Don

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
Congrats! kfjdrfirii
As has been pointed out, you've found yourself a great deal! Sure is purty too..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks fellas. 'Preciate it!
f.t.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Wow that is really nice! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
402 Posts
Fat Tom that sure is a nice one all right. kfjdrfirii
You did great with those grips and grip adapter as well even if they not original to the revolver they still give it that just right look!

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
I think just about everyone could use a nice .357 like that one! kfjdrfirii The prices are getting a little steep........ for an old, retired Coot, like me, though. :roll: Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts