Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to stop in at the little Pawn shop about a half mile from me and I know the owner as a friend. I help him sometimes with pricing or sometimes disassembly. So we were talking and he said I have a lot of new guns since you were last in here. First caught my eye was a Trench gun and I thought was Winchester but turned out to be a Wards Western Field Model 30 made about 1945. Is in very good shape and action is very smooth. Next I saw a J.C. Higgins Model 35 pump 22 rifle. Well decided those would be good. The he asked me about a Ranger Model 103-2 that he said the magazine was very hard if not impossible to get out. Think someone bubba'd that one with the wrong trigger/magazine plate. So ended up with all three at an excellent price OTD. So, now I have some cleaning up to do and the Wards Model 30 is going to the range tomorrow.
Wards Western Field Model 30 12 ga No heat shield but looks like commercial model
thumbnai1l.jpg
thumbnail3.jpg
thumbnail.2jpg.jpg
J.C. Higgins Model 35 Pump22 and Ranger Bolt action 22. The Higgins is a Hi Standard 1011
thumbnail1.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Okay, let me share also...

I scored pretty good last Monday, came home with:
- Late 90's vintage SAI M1A, walnut, standard barrel, clean as a whistle, no mag.
+ SAI 4-14 x 56 scope, Millett rings, Versa Pod bipod & TSA steel scope mount (3 point)

- 1942 Savage made Enfield No.4 MK1 with T scope mount pads (no mag, no rear sight, no front swivel)
+ spike bayonet, no gunsmithing scope mount, older Redfield 6-18 x 40 target scope, Millett rings

- Can of LC 74 30-06 (280 rds) in clips

Pretty good spend of $900, I think.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
First caught my eye was a Trench gun and I thought was Winchester but turned out to be a Wards Western Field Model 30 made about 1945. Wards Western Field Model 30 12 ga No heat shield but looks like commercial model
Actually it is a house branded Savage /Stevens 520. A very cool Browning design with maybe the coolest take-down ,barrel removal EVER.

O yeah , It will rock an roll slamfire ,,,,all day long !
Great , often overlooked , gun.

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks Needsmostuff, as I am finding out more about these guns as I go. I took the Model 30 (520) to the range and shot a box of shells through it no problems. Does the slamfire very nicely and quickly. I am really impressed for 125.00 out the door. The action is extremely smooth. This one is going next to the bed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts