Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would update Y’all on my dog bite injury. According to my wife who is a certified wound care nurse the pink grainy stuff in deepest is called granular tissue and is an indication that the puncture went to the Hyperdermis level and it is a sign of healing at that level. The whitish stuff is epidermal cells forming. No signs of infection. We left the initial dressing on for 36 hours and I held my arm up to keep it dry when showering yesterday. One armed showering isn’t easy. Top of arm:
Skin Scar Joint Arm Flesh

bottom
Skin Scar Arm Nose Joint

Skin Scar Joint Abdomen Flesh

Feels a lot better but still jurts to make a fist or grasp something heavy with that hand

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
I got bit breaking up two large dogs I had (a male and a female) many years ago. My bite wound was on my calf, deep puncture wounds. The only way I could stop them (the dogs) was to drag them while 'locked' with death grips on each other and push them both into my nearby swimming pool. They'd literally continue to fight until they realized they were sinking to the bottom and broke off. I called my Vet and since both dogs had all their current shots, they simply walked me through the proper First Aid procedures to prevent infection, with of course the obvious warning that if it gets worse, to seek medical attention. Sounds like you have matters under control, so I can only wish you a speedy recovery!

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
Hope you heal without infection, and feel better soon.

That's a pretty good compression bruise there too (probably responsible for much of the pain).

So far, I haven't been bit by any of my dogs... I understand your situation, and it could happen to anyone.

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hope you heal without infection, and feel better soon.

That's a pretty good compression bruise there too (probably responsible for much of the pain).

So far, I haven't been bit by any of my dogs... I understand your situation, and it could happen to anyone.
Yep, the bruising is what is sore mostly.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
My two rough-house so much I hate to introduce another to the mix. Play can turn into painful misunderstanding in an instant.

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was bitten when I was 10 years old, trying to stop our little dog Buddy from fighting with our neighbors collie. I was hitting the dogs and the collie turned and nailed my right forearm. I looked down, saw a bloody hole in the top and yelled out loud, and both dogs stopped fighting and looked at me like "WTH?" I had a nice puncture on the top and bottom of my arm, and now there is one white dot scar left 45 years later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.