Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this for sale on local forum and picked her up. The peep sight will put on my 81 DL that is almost perfect. This one does have some character flaws in the metal but the bore is excellent, the stock in excellent shape and the bolt action smooth as glass. So this one will have aftermarket peep sight installed and will make excellent field gun. Got the gun for about what the peep sight is worth. Think will just keep clean and oiled and use as is.
Bicycle part Shotgun Wood Air gun Trigger

Hood Automotive lighting Plant Motor vehicle Wood

Musical instrument Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Guitar accessory

Textile Sleeve Automotive exterior Wood Tints and shades

· Registered
964 Posts
Good snag, on that 81! My cousin had one of those for a while, and maybe still does. It was a unique rifle,and a good shooter..
Marlin bolt guns are usually great shooters, and for not a lot of money, or they used to be anyway.

I could have bought a Marlin model 25 at an out door swap meet in the summer of 2020 for 100 bucks, and I passed.
It was missing the mag, but I have a couple new ones hanging on a nail in my garage. I am still kicking myself for passing on it. I just did not need it.

· Registered
4,077 Posts
Those older 22s are often a great buy. Love the peep sight too. Sometimes those old receiver aperture sights are worth more than the gun they rode in on! ;)

John

Reactions: jeepnut
1 - 5 of 5 Posts