Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Jews have been enslaved more recently than blacks - by Hitler, within the lifetimes of some older people. Jews are not rebelling, burning down and looting stores and churches, marching and spreading COVID, etc. They are studying, working and excelling.
No, but they finance it.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Give them the value of 40 acres and a mule and a one way ticket to Africa. You get to pick the country of your choice and give up your US citizenship. If you sneak back you will be an illegal alien. I would bet nearly all of them would want to come back.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
How come if Middle Easterners get fed up with their country, they leave and colonize other continents, but fed-up Americans stay put and make it even worse here?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I would bet nearly all of them would want to come back.
That wouldn't be the problem--not one in 1,000 would leave for any amount of money, because they KNOW there are no free rides in the Mother Country, no advance placement, no preferential treatment of any kind, they have to survive on their own merit or go under.

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How come if Middle Easterners get fed up with their country, they leave and colonize other continents, but fed-up Americans stay put and make it even worse here?

Many stay in the region and attempt to convert their society, but we keep interrupting. For example, ISIS.

·
Premium Member
10,239 Posts
You know, I've been rethinking this....

If anyone who's ancestors were enslaved, and this could be established through government documentation, I think I'd be willing to right the wrong.

Many of the ancestors of enslaved people in America were brought against their will from Africa and other places. This was, of course, unjust.

In spite of generations of life here, and in particular 50 plus years of legislation and programs to fight against segregation, racism and Jim Crow culture as well as create preferences and opportunity through government sponsored programs, it's clear that these efforts have not been able to effectively cancel out the impact of past wrongs.

I would be willing to do the following to correct this ancestral wrong.

For anyone that can prove ancestral linkage to enslaved forebears, with their agreement to renounce their American citizenship and all rights and privileges and all future liability that relate to this, I would be willing to pay the commercial air transport of that individual and their children (who's citizenship would also be renounced), and direct family (who's citizenship would also be renounced) back to their country of origin. There, they could seek the opportunity and success they deserve.

I would not wish them to leave, or stop their American Citizenship - but if this is clearly so repugnant there is no reason to not help them to repatriate to their nation and culture of family heritage.

With that, they would be done with America, and we would be done with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My take on it would be
"If you are convinced that you are so much worse off here and now because of your ancestors being brought here as slaves 200 years ago, we will give you restitution. HOWEVER, in order to claim the restitution check you have to agree to renounce your American citizenship, and to be returned to whatever country/region that DNA analysis says your ancestors came from. You will not be allowed back into the United States - even for a visit. You will be free to make whatever kind of life you can in your new home. Then you can see for yourself if you would have been better off or worse off had your ancestors been left there instead of being brought here."
It might be expensive if enough of them took us up on the offer, but on the other hand we'd be rid of a lot of people with an entitlement mentality, and we'd be rid of them for a one-time payment, instead of a lifetime of subsidized housing and food and phones, etc.
Yeah, do a DNA test on them and they may be sent back to Scotland, Ireland, England, or Germany.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts