Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I check ammoseek.com regularly, looking for .380 and .22lr for myself and for 9mm for a friend. Monday I found Aguila Super Extra at South Georgia Outdoors for only 7.3 cents per round (including shipping) with no limit. I immediately ordered a full case - 5,000. It arrived today, Thursday!

I had never heard of South Georgia Outdoors before but looked up customer reviews and they were all 5 star excellent. Add my 5 stars to that also!

When I get ammo by the case I share with my two close shooting buddies, so it is not just all for me. I am now restocked with .22lr. The last time I bought a case of that Aguila Super Extra a couple years ago it was 5 cents per round. To get it for only 7.3 cents per round NOW, when everyone else is price gouging, was a bit miraculous. Yes, it was sold out within an hour or so.

The Aguila shoots really well in 2 of my 3 .22lr hand guns. My Ruger Mark IV Lite only likes CCI mini mags, period, but it is not my favorite gun by a long shot in any case. The only drawback to the Aguila is that they are still using Eley primer which they don't advertise, but when you shoot it you recognize that permeating smell! It can stay in my nose for hours and hours. So I only use it for outdoor shooting where the breeze helps waft it away. I save other brands for when the weather is so bad that my friend and I have to go to the local indoor range.

I'm still hoping for a case of .380 at a price lower than the national debt, and so are my two shooting buddies.

·
Registered
12,303 Posts
Congratulations on the 22 ammo. After the big 22 shortage of 2012, I vowed to have plenty on hand. I have managed to stockpile a few thousand (quite a few) rounds at 3.5-5 cents per round. It piles up quick when you buy a 550 round bulk pack every few weeks for a year or two, for $20

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
SGO is just up the road from me in GA and they have a nice separate upscale gunroom too.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It piles up quick when you buy a 550 round bulk pack every few weeks for a year or two, for $20
True. I actually had gobs plenty until I started sharing with my shooting buddies. That was when I could still get a full case for around 4 cents a round. Then THIS happened. My friends know that if the price goes up I will still sell for what I paid for it. Perhaps I am a bad person, but I do NOT share my CCI mini mags, having had to pay 12 cents a round for them several years ago, the last time all the ammo disappeared! I have a case that I got for 6 cents a round and am keeping it close to my heart.

I really don't go out very much and I don't roam from store to store, so the best thing I can do is buy case lots on line when I find good deals. Hubby likes to roam the toy stores, but he does not like to keep track of the price of ammo, so he just lets me know when he wants a case of "something."

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Aguila produces some of the very best .22 LR ammunition available at anything approaching a popular price. Always best to buy by the case b/c you tend to end up with enough ammo to actually shoot when there it time available rather than spending time looking for ammo. Keep your eyes open and more than likely you'll find similar deals. If and when you do ... you know what to do! Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Just a few months ago, right before the Covid stuff went nuts, I bought some federal Black Label bulk - thousands of rounds loose in a box for .02/round

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aguila produces some of the very best .22 LR ammunition available at anything approaching a popular price.
Yes, it has performed well for me in the past. I'm not a bullseye shooter, so am happy with it. I did buy a brick of Eley Target, which is their 'low price' line, but OH MY is it nice! It is more accurate, but when buying in bulk I can't convince myself to spend the extra money for regular use. I can only image what the more expensive rounds of Eley do!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a few months ago, right before the Covid stuff went nuts, I bought some federal Black Label bulk - thousands of rounds loose in a box for .02/round
I have used Aguila, Armscor and CCI mini mags. I'm half afraid to try the brands that cost even less so probably missed out on some fantastic deals. I did buy individual boxes of 3 other brands when I was testing my Browning when it was brand new. That was when I first tried the Armscor and it worked just fine and didn't stink like the Aguila does.

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
I love the Mini Mags, their standard velocity, subsonics are also good stuff in my guns.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I check ammoseek.com regularly, looking for .380 and .22lr for myself and for 9mm for a friend. Monday I found Aguila Super Extra at South Georgia Outdoors for only 7.3 cents per round (including shipping) with no limit. I immediately ordered a full case - 5,000. It arrived today, Thursday!

I had never heard of South Georgia Outdoors before but looked up customer reviews and they were all 5 star excellent. Add my 5 stars to that also!

When I get ammo by the case I share with my two close shooting buddies, so it is not just all for me. I am now restocked with .22lr. The last time I bought a case of that Aguila Super Extra a couple years ago it was 5 cents per round. To get it for only 7.3 cents per round NOW, when everyone else is price gouging, was a bit miraculous. Yes, it was sold out within an hour or so.

The Aguila shoots really well in 2 of my 3 .22lr hand guns. My Ruger Mark IV Lite only likes CCI mini mags, period, but it is not my favorite gun by a long shot in any case. The only drawback to the Aguila is that they are still using Eley primer which they don't advertise, but when you shoot it you recognize that permeating smell! It can stay in my nose for hours and hours. So I only use it for outdoor shooting where the breeze helps waft it away. I save other brands for when the weather is so bad that my friend and I have to go to the local indoor range.

I'm still hoping for a case of .380 at a price lower than the national debt, and so are my two shooting buddies.
I actually have 7 bricks (7000) rounds of Wolf Match Extra, Eley primed 22's in storage. What I use for my indoor 50 foot competition. I have Agula too but the Wolf shoots a bit better and cleaner.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glad you got you some. I LIKE the Eley primer compound smell!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts