Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I used to always carry my 3913 even though I've had my P225 for several years. Now that I've been shooting it more and more I find myself pack the SIG more than the 3913.

By the way congratulations on your new P6/P225!!!! Careful so the SIG bug doesn't bite to hard!!

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
I enjoy shooting my nephew's Sig. Nice trigger, nice sights, what's not to like.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Those little P6's are the cat's meow. I was lucky enough to pick one up when they first hit the shore that was built in '96 and never issued. Also lucky enough to get mags when they were about $15.00 a piece.

Wore it on a 5,000 mile road trip to Louisiana and back a few years ago. Forgot I had it on by the third day. ;)

They can be incredibly accurate little beasts with most ammo.

I take it that you had no problems with it feeding hollow points? The feed ramp was revamped in '86 I believe (I could very well be wrong about that year, it was somewhere around there I think) in order for the 225/P6 to feed hollow points reliably. Lots of folks have installed a newer 225 barrel in their older P6's to alleviate the misfeeds.

I find that it is about the most comfortable pistol to shoot strong hand only and have used mine in IDPA matches doing just that. I seem to be able to shoot it better with one hand than two.

Top Gun Supply is a good source for spring kits and extra parts.

Now you just need to get some leather for it and think about packin' it. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
hc_shooter said:
Nice leather, LeMat! Seen you post that before. Who makes that? Very nice! Looks very wearable. Also since you have one...maybe I can pick your brain? Any idea as to when these German P6's issues were made? The pawn shop I frequent had three of them. Appreciate any help. As to mags...yep. They've gone way up in price. The cheapest one I found is a Promag at Academy for 19.95. As for the hollow points...they fed well. No jamming. The Don Hume holsters at Top Gun look nice.
Jerry at Haugen Handgunleather made all those pieces. That's the holster I wore on my Louisiana trip. I've had quite a bit of his gear and it is top notch. In the last year or so, his turn around time has increased quite a bit, but there is a sports shop there in North Dakota that sells his wares. He can give you their phone number and they might have something. They seem to stock quite a bit of his gear. Jerry is very cool to deal with.
http://www.haugenhandgunleather.com/

I see that Roy at Lobo Gun Leather is able to make holsters for the P6/225. I just got a rig from him and am very pleased with it. His prices are very good and he is perhaps the best I have dealt with as far as fast communication and any questions you might have. His turn around is only about 3 weeks.
http://www.lobogunleather.com/

I've found that the folks at Top Gun are super to deal with. I'd bet one of those Hume's would work very well.

Are you talking about when the actual gun was made? Your P6 should have a date stamped on the right side of the slide, near the muzzle. Just a month and year (6/96 for example).

Good to hear that it'll feed HP's!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Some folks have had no problems with using HP's in the old style barrels. You might come across a HP design that doesn't work at some point, but if it works with what you've tried I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Here's a picture I snogged from the net showing the difference between the two feed ramps.
The new style is on the left, old on the right. You can see on the old ramp the potential for a HP to hang up on the lower corners of the ramp. The only difference in the barrels are the corners and the fact that the ramp is just barely a smidge wider in the new style.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The Sig P-6 and the Sig P-225 are the only Sig P -series pistols that doesn't give me a natural point of aim. My other SIGS are all natural pointers for me. Close eyes..aim pistol, open eyes ..and the sights are aligned.
I so much wanted to buy a Sig P-6 when they 1st hit the surplus market a couple of years back. I ran across my 1st one at a gunshow and got to handle it a bit. I gave it my point test and was I ever surprized when I saw that the sights weren't aligned properly when I opened my eyes. I tried several more times, wanting it to work..but no joy and it was with regret that I handed it back to the dealer , thanking him for his time. I have handled several more since then and each time I get excited thinking maybe this is the one that will point for me...and each time I am disappointed.
The P-6 for me is one of those guns that you want to love, but just cann't. I envy those of you that can.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
M58, don't feel like the lone stranger. Same for me. If I draw the pistol from a holster, the front sight is always off to the left somewhere. If, however, I place the pistol in my right hand, the sights are aligned. Maybe the Germans have weird eyes. Maybe they draw the pistol with their left hand and place it in their right? I dunno.

I got mine at a pawn shop not too long ago and, in spite of the sight alignment issue, I love it.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Outstanding! kfjdrfirii

I've got that same exact sight set that I was going to put on a Springfield XD (same dovetails), but ended up losing the front. You ever bugger up that rear, let me know and I'll send one to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts