Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week when at the gun shop getting cleaning supplies, i noticed a brass receiver Henry on the rack.
i have been thinking about it. so this morning i did some evaluating, and made the jump. i took the 03-A3 in worse condition with me, keeping the better one at home because the shop owner told me years ago if i ever wanted to get rid of the 03-A3's he wanted first bid.
he looked the 03-A3 over real good and a deal was struck, even swap for the Henry 45-70 big boy with brass receiver, tube feed, and octagon barrel.
this makes two Henry lever actions i now own, the other one is a 22 magnum Evil Roy.

·
Registered
22,084 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! Never heard anything but good things with Henry Rifles and If I already didn't have a Winchester lever action rifle I would strongly consider one. Look forward to the range report. :)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
17,480 Posts
Very nice Henry. Looks like it will find the target okay too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Boy, you walked it right into the bull, didn't you. Very nice. I've wanted a Henry for years but have only managed to accumulate Marlins. Two in .44 Mag (a 20" bbland a 16" bbl), one in .30-30 and one in .22 Mag. The .22 is slick as goose grease.
Good luck with your new prize!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Since 1980 I have had a great appreciation for 03-A3 rifles. Of late, I've been looking real hard at the Henry rifles. Must admit, if I saw a nice one in .45-70 caliber, I would be hard pressed to not make such a trade. Without doubt you will very much enjoy your new rifle. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just ordered a 6 power 18 inch long Malcolm scope for it to complete the look, and also give it some longer distance range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts