Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaa, i got a roe deer also two hours before i got the boar .

now this boar is appx. 390 pounds and 4-5 years, the meat is not so good as from the younger and smaller boars.

so i made sausages from the meat and only some steaks for bbq

tusks are 7.9 inches over all length.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank's for your interest.
Ok , hunting is a little different here as in the US.
Me and my three brothers have hunting areas in different places in Germany.
You get an area for a min. time of 9 years and areas with red deer for 12 years.
After that time it is possible to get it again for that time or maybe you place a bid for an other area.

So it is not possible to buy a permit for a few weeks when you want to hunt somewhere.

What we hunt here ist mostly roe deer , red deer, wild boar , pheasant , rabbits , fox, ducks, goose, and a lot of other animals that i don't know to explain in english :-(
Once in a year we make a trip to an other country like russia, namibia, sweden , chech rep, poland to see something from the world.
Actually my older brother is in Angola now.

I'm not sure what you want to know , so please ask whant you want to know.

I try to explain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quarter Cherokee said:
Nice shooting!
Tell me about the rifle. It looks interesting. What kind of scope is it wearing?

Thank you,

The rifle is a Mauser M03 . Cal. 8x68S . I like this Gun, it is nothing special but is from good quality.

http://www.mauserwaffen.de/Training-Vid ... .html?&L=1

The scope is a Schmidt & Bender. I also have some Leupold scopes in use but when hunting at night i prefer this scope. It is much more expensive but in the darnkness you can see the different betwenn this scope and the Leupold.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/zenith/2-5-10x56-2.html

hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Theo said:
.... but when hunting at night i prefer this scope. ....
:shock:

Night Hunting around here is Verbotten.... but I understand it's pretty effective..... not that I've ever done it..... well, not lately anyway..... :oops:

Still it must take some real "Huevos" to hunt a 400 lbs Russian Boar in the darkness.... I understand that they have been known to kill and eat humans in the distant past....

We would call your "Dachs" a Badger...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hunting is allowed from 1 our before sunrise to one our after sunset.
Exception is boar hunting, cause their activity is at night.

Night vision is not allowed in a scope , only to observe.

My brother has a permit to hund the red deer at night in his area , cause he has many damages in the farmes fields........and he have to pay for these damages .

....aha , a badger .....still learning..

Huevos ???

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Theo said:
Hunting is allowed from 1 our before sunrise to one our after sunset.
Exception is boar hunting, cause their activity is at night.

Night vision is not allowed in a scope , only to observe.

My brother has a permit to hund the red deer at night in his area , cause he has many damages in the farmes fields........and he have to pay for these damages .

....aha , a badger .....still learning..

Huevos ???
Huevos is spanish for [ balls] ;)

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Dachs? We don't need no stinkin' Dachs!
Somehow, it loses something njgapjgj

From the AKC web site
The Dachshund can be found in historical accounts dating back to the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries, when illustrations reflected badgers being hunted with dogs with elongated bodies, short legs and hound-type ears. The dogs of medieval Europe were noted to have the tracking ability of hounds and the proportions and temperament of terriers, much needed to pursue their main quarry of badgers.

·
Super Moderator
35,929 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Still it must take some real "Huevos" to hunt a 400 lbs Russian Boar in the darkness.... I understand that they have been known to kill and eat humans in the distant past....
I agree with you there, Drew. I have done some hog hunting, but never at night and with a 400 lbs boar.

Great shooting there, Theo. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ahhh now i understand perkgfn

it could be dangerous when the boar is wounded and you are trying to find it, or if you meet a female with the baby's.
a few hunters were killed last year when a wounded boar attacked them.
but normally they run away .
So i think it is safer to be at night in the forest as going by bicycle through a city. ;-)

......Badger

I won't hunt the badger with the dog's. It's really dangerous for the dogs and a lot of them has lost their life , so i shoot badger's in the evening when they are leaving their cave .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.