Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These college freshmen girls are home from school and they got it done today. I sat on a big hill at the ranch this morning and spotted a buck running a doe. They finally bedded down behind a pond dam. The girls wanted to sleep in this morning but after i told them what I found they rallied pretty fast. After rock, paper, scissors to decide who would go first we got the wind right and walked right to the pond. Peaked over the dam and they pair wasn't 50 yards. They never saw us and Lainey made a good shot. This afternoon Camille and I watched the buck she would eventually take bed with a doe in the middle of a 1250 acre pasture of bluestem with no cover for us to us. I decided to try something off the wall. I got a round bale and filled up with feed and we went in the pasture to feed the cows in there. Drove to within 150yds and set hay bale down and had Camille step out behind it. I had the cows called together and fed them. Then I drive off and watched her get a rest on the hay and heard the shot. Buck didn't go 20 yards and piled up. I figured as long as I kept truck moving they wouldn't get nervous cause they see us do this every day. Had we stopped it wouldn't have been long and they would've ran.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Registered
Those are some big deer and glad they each got one. Those racks are pretty impressive,Tell by their smiles that this memory will be one that is treasured.

Registered
Hey Murph,

Well done!

Those young Ladies sure can shoot!!

Later, Mark

Registered
Very nice. Myself, I prefer doe's for eating purposes but a good wall hanger is also nice. Keeps them off the car bumper.

Registered
Tell your nieces I'm a bit jealous. Both our girls could shoot from an early age. But they always had boys on their mind with free time when they got older. Good shooting girls. We're all proud of you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts