Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Good Conceal IWB holster for the 669 - LEFTY

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  gearchecker 
#1 ·
hipnp I'm getting my Conceal Carry license issued to me within the next couple of weeks and I want to get an IWB holster for it. Unfortunatly I'm a lefty, so it's going to be just a bit more difficult to find what I need.

I want to carry my Model 669 9mm as my main PD carry pistol. I've fired quite a few hundreds of rounds thru it with out a single misfire or other problem and feel very comfortable having it for my conceal piece. I have a very nice OWB holster but it has no retention features on it. It's fine at the range but I can't carry with it.

I will be firing much more ammo thru it over the next few months. So it's time to find a good conceal holster to practice with too. I need to work on my draw more than anything at this point so now is the time to find one.

Does anybody here have a 669 and use it for their carry pistol?
Any recommedations for a particular holster?

#2 ·
Gregory, I'd strongly consider getting in touch with Ray at Lobo Gun Leather. He's got molds for most of the 59/69 series. I'd imagine he'd be able to work something up for you. I don't think I've come across a more professional professional in the holster arena yet. Pretty super prices for what you get as well. I sure am pleased with the gear I've gotten from him.

http://www.lobogunleather.com/home

#3 ·
I just picked up a Desantis pro stealth for my winter ccw... a sw40f. it has an ambidextrous belt clip, and is great for appendix carry. Very nicely made, and reholstering one handed is not as hard as the reviews claim, at least in my opinion. I would strongly recommend at least taking a look at it, along with other desantis products...

#4 ·
Holsters are a very personal thing. Hunt around and find one you like. My favorite holster maker is Ken Null. Here's a IWB, I wear on a daily basis. Since I'm right handed, this one is a right hand set up. It's a very comfortable holster. I'm able to wear it against my skin. Without wearing a Tshirt. Plus it has some features that I like in a holster. Some makers do not know how to make a comfortable holster. Most of them you need to wear a T shirt between you and the holster.
Good Luck
Jim

#5 ·
Jim, Looking at the photo you provided.
Let's see if I'm viewing and understanding this correctly.
The loop goes thru my belt and the flat part goes against my body/skin, right?
It looks comfortable enough, if the smooth flat side is against me instead of the "lumpy" side. I've never worn IWB so your inputs, comments and suggestion are very informative.

From what I've been reading I may end up trying and buying more than 1 holster before I get the right combination. So your comments really do help reduce the chance of me making the bigger, more common IWB mistakes.

Thanks, GQ

#8 ·
ihjf Looks like Ken Null will be getting a call from me shortly.
Thanks to you all. ihfnlllllq Much appreciated!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.