Well, I “got-‘er-dun”. I made my own bead front sight, but it isn’t gold — the bead’s polished brass. How’d I do that you ask . . . Well, I took off the original red-ramp front sight, turned it around, trimmed off some of what’s now the front of it, drilled a hole in what’s now the back of it, tapered a piece of brass brazing rod, trimmed the rod to length, a teeny tiny droplet of red Loctite in the hole, tapped the rod into the hole — and voila!!! — instant bead front sight with a sloped front end. It looks great (if I do say so myself), the cost was reasonable (NO cost whatsoever, except my time, and I don’t pay myself anything, so it’s still NO cost), and it took just under an hour skin-to-skin (that’s “doc-talk” for start-to-finish). I did hurt my shoulder, tho’, patting myself on the back for this accomplishment. Pardon my bragging — I’m no gunsmith, but while I’ve made some mean sets of hardwood grips for my revolvers, this is the first time I’ve actually messed with any gun itself, and I’ll confess that it was abit intimidating. I’m quite calm now. I’m just sitting here in my den admiring my achievement, grinning like a skunk eating s++t.