Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used someone elses for years and only a day a year. My oldest got into it and is pretty good. (My claim to fame I shot with Leroy Selmon and had no clue who he was :)) anyway would anyone rate this for a medium quality shot gun?

CZ 1012 Bronze 12 Gauge Shotgun Review (gunsandammo.com)

thewelshm

·
Registered
26,128 Posts
6.5 pounds? Hope you don't plan in shooting too much.........My 12 gauge target guns all weigh a minimum of 8#, and I shoot light loads even then; my 20 gauge target gun weighs 7.5#
That said for one day a year, it should do nicely if your shoulder is up to it...........:cool:

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
448 Posts
I competed in NSSA Skeet for years. I kept a matched PAIR of Remington 1100's for the 12 ga and doubles events just in case there was ever a problem, but never needed the back-up. I used a Kreighoff M-32 with Briley tubes for the small gauges. Any of the Beretta 300 series automatics would also be an excellent choice. I think enough of the Beretta's that I used one in "Flyer" shooting ( that's live pigeon shooting...VERY high dollar and NO allowance for malfunctions) Those are my experience..not just opinion from a magazine review.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check out the CZ 712 gas operated semi auto. I recently started getting into sporting clays for the first time and all I had was my old 870 Wingmaster with fixed modified choke barrel. I bought a CZ 712 with 28" barrel on Bud's for under $500 last fall. I really wanted a Beretta or Remington 1100, but I have more hobby wish list items than dollars so I went with the CZ. It's cycled everything 1200 fps or more (and brands with lower velocity than that) 100%. It seems to be to be pretty easy recoiling to me. 50 rounds in a session just doesn't seem bad at all.

For the kind of shooting you do I think you would be happy with it, if you don't want to pony up for a "nicer" gun.

There is a video of a guy on the internet setting the world record for breaking the most clays in one hour with CZ-712's. (Not one but a whole rack of them). Good luck!

·
Registered
26,128 Posts
I competed in NSSA Skeet for years. I kept a matched PAIR of Remington 1100's for the 12 ga and doubles events just in case there was ever a problem, but never needed the back-up. I used a Kreighoff M-32 with Briley tubes for the small gauges. Any of the Beretta 300 series automatics would also be an excellent choice. I think enough of the Beretta's that I used one in "Flyer" shooting ( that's live pigeon shooting...VERY high dollar and NO allowance for malfunctions) Those are my experience..not just opinion from a magazine review.
When I have been to flyer shoots (as an observer.guest), I observed more Perazzis than anything else, along with a few Fabbri, some Kreighoffs, and some Beretta SOs - then again, those folks can afford those cool guns.

·
Registered
593 Posts
That's a good looking gun and at that price I would say that it's a bargain. I'm sure that you will enjoy it.

My Browning O/U and Mossberg pump have served me well for many years but they do leave room for a gun like that in the lineup.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
It's a CZ what's not to like. It will shoot better than you can! (no offense MATE):)

But there are so many many details about sporting clays , skeet shotguns, a Guy could go crazy!

I had a Beneli Black Eagle inertia gun and they do kick. I am not a shotgun person! But simple to maintain.

Light inertia guns are easy to carry in the field, but the equal-and-opposite aspect of lighter weight is more felt recoil than gas guns. The 1012’s recoil is manageable with light loads, and even with 3-inch magnums, it isn’t abusive thanks in part to a soft and dense recoil pad. The pad features a radiused heel which prevents it from hanging on clothing when firing from a low gun position on targets or in the field.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts