Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to check out a possible car for #2 son. He's taking welding classes at the local CC and will have the added joy of taking his sisters to high school.

Looking at a low mileage 4x4 TrailBlazer with the little 5.3L LH6 V8. As near as I can tell the LH6 is pretty reliable save for the Displacement on Demand going out. In any event, that would be fixable- they even make delete kits for them: cam , lifters, new valley cover w/o solenoids etc.

They have 4L60's with all the attendant problems they have,but there's upgraded sun shells , bands, etc that fix that too. I've cooked enough '60's that I don't have high expectations. Probably will go Sonnax if it fries.

He's not a leadfoot (unlike his Dad) so for all I know It'll run for another 150k with no issues (crossed fingers).

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
The Loonies have been set free so be extra vigilant on your journey , I said a prayer of thanks to the good Lord for getting me home safe this afternoon

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The Loonies have been set free so be extra vigilant on your journey , I said a prayer of thanks to the good Lord for getting me home safe this afternoon
I left VA headed to ID last Sunday. I’m currently in NE on the way back, and it has been a breath of fresh air out here. I’ve seen fewer masks in a week as I do in a day at home. Overall, it has been a very pleasant trip with the exception of my alternator dying in NE. New one should be in this morning, mechanic has the truck ready to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts