Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got out all my empty 25-20 brass yesterday. Most of it was resized from 32-20 that I'd not loaded. I had pretty good luck with. I loaded 62 rounds and didn't lose one piece of brass.
Two things I'd like to change. #1 is I'm going to look for a Lee crimp die I've got the Lee collet style crimp die for 32-20 and it works great. #2 is I'm going to buy a Lee expander die where I can use my Lee powder measure.
I've got about 140 rounds loaded so a trip to club range is in order. Hope the 85 gr bullets and the Unique work well. Here is a pic of my mod 44 Stevens.
Cliff image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
All the rangs around me have closed due to govt (local or date) orders.

Reactions: jeepnut and Cliff

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Some have and some haven't around here. That is a great looking old gun Cliff. Enjoy her and the ammo you made.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Local range is open; since most bays are isolated, no reason to close.

Reactions: Cliff and msharley

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Hey Cliff,

Swell looking "under lever"!!

25-20 is a great "mini hyphen". Lots of venison were taken with them!

I use a Redding Profile Crimp Die in 45/70 & 38-55. Very seldom "lose" a case. (seat first, then crimp)

Use the RCBS Cowboy Dies for Sizing, Flaring & Seating in the 38-55.

Later, Mark

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
901 Posts
Most ranges in my area have closed for a mandatory two weeks. Some, including my club, closed indefinitely.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Most ranges in my area have closed for a mandatory two weeks. Some, including my club, closed indefinitely.
Hey JD,

That STINKS!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Our local (outdoor) range had been closed for years to undergo a complete and major renovation, it reopened just in time to be closed again by the mandatory order... oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts