Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy from work e-mailed me late last night to know if I knew of anyone interested in a Model 28, seems he's "thinning out his herd"! I of course told him I did know someone, ME!!! Struck a fair deal this morning and we'll make the exchange next week. All I know is it's a 6" barrel, currently wearing Pachmyers and has some holster wear, which sounds like a shooter to me! Next weekend I'm heading to Las Vegas for my son's bachelor party, so at my earliest opportunity I'll get some pictures posted. I have some factory N-frame stocks laying around that I can dress her up with, but I don't know yet if they'll be correct or not, but man I'm excited, I feel like a kid before Christmas! :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: Getting my first Model 28 next week!

You have just started a love affair. Almost as expensive as women! :D

·
Registered
152 Posts

Nice , lookin forward to the pics !!

Well Done !! B-)

·
Registered
669 Posts

I predict you are really going to enjoy that Mod. 28. You may find that soon after, you need a second one. :-bd
Bob

·
Registered
10,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Did I not mention the bachelor party? There's a wedding coming up in March, one that I will paying out the groom's share for what is shaping up to be a challenge to the Princess Diana - Prince Charles wedding some years back....I'm lucky to buy a cap gun, much less multiple N-frames! Don't think I haven't thought about it though!!!!

·
Registered
10,920 Posts

Of all my S&Ws, the 4" 28 would be the one to go in the ground with me. Wonderful revolver, it's 6" brother is a close second to it.

·
Registered
10,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Life isn't playing fair; I moved my sister over to Yuma Arizona yesterday and I've picked up some kind of bug that is kicking my behind. I've got the cash smoldering in a corner and I wanted to do the exchange tomorrow, but no. It will have to be Tuesday if the symptoms let up, I'm not doing well at all, but I do have a revolver-like bright spot that will bring the cure!

·
Registered
10,920 Posts

never asked and should have, is it a 28, 28-2 or 28-3? serial range?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

azmick said:
Word on the street is that it's a 28-1. ;)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts

Cush said:
azmick said:
Word on the street is that it's a 28-1. ;)
That cracking sound you just heard was Giz's neck twisting 'round.

·
Registered
10,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Okay, picked it up today. It's a 28-2, vintage 1979 according to the book. It did come with Pachs, but I put on some wood for these pics. It was an officer's gun, but my buddy couldn't remember which cop friend he traded for it some years back, so I don't have any history. I haven't shot it, but I did do some dry firing with snap caps and I'm impressed! The action is incredibly smooth. My petite wife even tried it and noted the same, but added it's awful heavy! Not sure when I'll get a chance to go shoot, but I'm sure looking forward to it!

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
I like it! Looks like it has not been out much. You can fix that

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Nicely done! You'll enjoy that one for sure. Six inch N frames in .357 make great shooters. Shooting .38's out of it will be a pleasurable experience. The RR front sight is a nice touch too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts