Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you noticed that new posters (not all but a good percentage of them) come on here asking for id help or what year is my pistol or whatever, get their questions answered by the knowledge base and then 'poof', they vanish, never to be heard from again.

Must be the other forum has a too complex sign in, sign up regimen so they come here and ask and then like the wind, are gone....

Find that interesting. Guess no matter, it makes for good stats for the forum owners...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't post frequently. Hopefully, only when I believe I can add something to the discussion. I don't want to waste the bandwidth, nor bore everyone with useless responses.
Same here, I come here every day, don't always log in. Nice thing about these info mystery posters is we get to see a lot of pics
of firearms, many I have not seen before.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
A lot of : Huh, got this weird gun (not a Glock). Wonder what is is and if I can trade it (for a Glock) :rolleyes:

nfiofnp

·
Registered
167 Posts
A lot of : Huh, got this weird gun (not a Glock). Wonder what is is and if I can trade it (for a Glock) :rolleyes:

nfiofnp
If it's that weird I'd be happy to trade a Glock for it. However, first I'd have to get a Glock. I am definitely not a plastic gun fan; which is why I am more than willing to get rid of the 3 Tupperware guns I bought in moments of temporary insanity.

·
Registered
21,105 Posts
I think a lot of those people are trying to get info on something that have no idea about because they don't have much experience with firearms. Whether the other site just doesn't take the time or make the effort to answer these basic questions, I have no clue, but they are always welcome here.;)

·
Registered
616 Posts

nfiofnp
True story. Had a heartwarming experience at the range yesterday. One of the young fellows who helps out there was showing me his new Rock Island 1911 (in .45 acp!), proud as can be. The best part was when he told me he traded his Glock 19 for it. Brought a tear to my eye! That young man has his head screwed on straight!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts