Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Cleveland Ohio last weekend. Gas here in PA is $2.89/gallon. In Ohio, I filled up for $2.26/gallon. I believe that Pennsylvania has the highest gasoline tax in the country. This is a direct result of electing a Democrat for governor last election. The tax money is supposed to be used to fix up the roads and bridges in the state, but I haven't seen that happen.
Federal tax on a gallon of gas is 18.4 cents and our state tax is 50 cents per gallon.
What are gas prices like where you live?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Alabama has recently passed a 6cent a gallon gas tax. Instead of being spent on highways, bridges, etc. it is going to the Port of Mobile. There's a lawsuit against it going to the Port and I hope it's successful.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Our Democrat governor, no I didn't vote for her, she's an idiot tried to propose a 46 cent state tax on gasoline but was shot down by the Republican lead house and senate. Democrats in general are tax crazy. About $2.26 here and $2.30 for off road diesel.

Don't bother me much, my car gets 40+ to the gallon.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Over $3.00/gal in Crook County. About $2.40-$2.70 elsewhere.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Gas here in Canada varies by the hour now, not by the week. It's insane. In the morning before rush hour it's $1.62 a LITRE. It takes 3.79 of them to make a gallon. So six bucks roughly a gallon. Feel better? By noon its $1.32 and the retirees gas up. Five bucks. Around 3.30 it goes up again to maybe $1.40. Then around 10.30 it goes back down for 30 minutes before they all close.

So yes if I go to Washington I take the truck on a 1/4 tank and fill up. Of course $6 Canadian a gallon is $4.50 US. But still.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Gas here in Canada varies by the hour now, not by the week. It's insane. In the morning before rush hour it's $1.62 a LITRE. It takes 3.79 of them to make a gallon. So six bucks roughly a gallon. Feel better? By noon its $1.32 and the retirees gas up. Five bucks. Around 3.30 it goes up again to maybe $1.40. Then around 10.30 it goes back down for 30 minutes before they all close.

So yes if I go to Washington I take the truck on a 1/4 tank and fill up. Of course $6 Canadian a gallon is $4.50 US. But still.

·
Registered
10,155 Posts
Walmart locally is selling regular at $2.03. The nearby Valero is selling it for $2.14. Diesel is going for $2.76.

I've got an app called Gas Guru - lists all the gas prices in the area, and flags the best ones within like 5 miles. If you've ever wondered where gas near an interstate is actually a lot cheaper than on the interstate, this is a great app! Seems to stay up to date, too - like within the past few hours. Links to a map so you can see which way to go.

·
Registered
19,428 Posts
Some places are still charging $2.49, but if you look around, like I do......you pay $2.30. I would rather drive 5 mi. out of my way.....to save $.20! That's only $1.40 on 1/2 tank (7 gal.). But.....that's 1/2 gallon more or an extra 15 miles on the Toyota. That would put me in the S&W parking lot, in Springfield. Good enough for me!!!! :D Bob

·
Premium Member
16,684 Posts
$2.29 at Costco here.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Augusta, GA varies between $2.15 and $2.35 depending on location; north, south east, or west side of town. Evans, GA (west side of Augusta) has 1 gallon of milk at WalMart for $1.25, 22 miles south and 3 miles west the price at IGA is $3.67. I really believe 2% milk is a common commodity regardless of the jug label.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Went to Cleveland Ohio last weekend. Gas here in PA is $2.89/gallon. In Ohio, I filled up for $2.26/gallon. I believe that Pennsylvania has the highest gasoline tax in the country. This is a direct result of electing a Democrat for governor last election. The tax money is supposed to be used to fix up the roads and bridges in the state, but I haven't seen that happen.
Federal tax on a gallon of gas is 18.4 cents and our state tax is 50 cents per gallon.
What are gas prices like where you live?
Drag em to the polls mate..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Washington
Gasoline

Date State Rate/Gallon Federal Rate/Gallon Combined State & Federal Tax Rate/Gallon
July 1, 2016 - Present $0.494 $0.184 $0.678

Diesel NOT THE RED TINTED STUFF
Date State Rate/Gallon Federal Rate/Gallon Combined State & Federal Tax Rate/Gallon
July 1, 2016 - Present $0.494 $0.244 $0.738

Last Diesel #2 fillup (last Friday) I paid $3.19 a gallon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts