Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Jonesy was right. I got a call from the pawn shop too close to me. He said he had a strange looking gun and wanted me to tell him what it was. So I had to drop in today and look at it. It is what is called a Bronco by Garcia and imported by Firearms International in Washington DC. It was introduced in 1968 and discontinued in 1978. A 22 model (which did not find out much on that one as was only made for two years). This one I believe is 1969 due to early serial number. It did have some rusting on the upper rod above the barrel and flaking of the coating everywhere. Bore was prfect and very bright and the swivels works well, trigger lock and firing work very nicely. Well, I just could not walk away from this little orphan at Christmas so brought it home. It is marked 3" 410 and is single shot. The front "trigger" with no guard allows the barrel to swing out and the casing ejector will eject the shell and allow a new one to be loaded. Then swing the barrel back to lock position and ready to fire. The front trigger also cocks the gun when pulled.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Oh yeah, I have one of those in .410, great little snake popper. I also have the .22 version, and we actually once had, in the box, a take down version in both .22 AND .410, but I sold that combo gun to my friend.You don't see many of those around anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts