Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must be a sign of our times...

I post something historical, and folks barely notice.

Perhaps it is all about the guns, afterall... :mrgreen:

Here is another Jim Searles. Added this to the collection today. It is a .36 caliber squirrel gun.

Pease,

Giz

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been shot enough to crack the stock in the usual place :mrgreen:

Guns are not meant to be art...and this one is a shooter, ...gents and gals. The fun is in gettin' someone interested enough to heft her, sight her, and then try to master her....which is a different animal all-together.

The closest thing to a beautiful or challenging woman, that you will ever hold in your hands....

Is a Flintlock.... ;)

The one thing in life that will drive you distraction, thoroughly confuse you, and make feel like you should never have been born.....

Is a Flintlock..... ;)

giz

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I agree guns are meant to be shot including that one. They also are not meant to be just art. But they can be both and that gun definately is a work of art as well as the last one you posted.

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
Giz, I can't think of a better home for that rifle than where it is

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Okay, Giz, where is the usual place? I wanna see that crack.

Oh, yeah, is that blue shovel what you use for a powder measure? No wonder it's cracked. :p

·
Registered
256 Posts
Giz, thats a beuty... and I like your little blue shovel too. :mrgreen:

Can't say I've ever had much trouble running a Flinter... just a sucker for punishment I suppose. :?

I'm just not cool enough to wear smelly rags, eat tree rats and squat in the bushes... but will sleep better tonight knowing that you are out there doing it for me. :D

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
That little blue shovel is Mountainman equipment for digging the pit in the bushes! If Gis has it......it's gotta be period correct!!!! :lol: Bob

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
The photo is playing a trick with our eyes. That isn't a blue plastic shovel. It is actually a richly tarnished copper shovel. Period correct. Way to go Giz!

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Hey Giz, is that Tiger maple? It's outstanding!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tiger Maple it is... ;)

Jim Searles had a great eye for getting the right churl in his stocks. This one is really a great example of that...

giz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts