Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
I note the caption on a couple of the photographs: "This employee is one of the scores of skilled bench workers entrusted with critical phases of manufacture or assembly requiring superb manual skill."

What a shame none of those guys work there now.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I note the caption on a couple of the photographs: "This employee is one of the scores of skilled bench workers entrusted with critical phases of manufacture or assembly requiring superb manual skill."

What a shame none of those guys work there now.
Or trained their replacements. 😕

·
Banned
60 Posts
Or trained their replacements. 😕
I should have phrased it as what a shame no one like those guys works there now. I've seen many complaints about poor workmanship on the newer Smiths. All of my Smiths are old. I haven't bought a newly manufactured Smith & Wesson revolver since...I think it was 1974. The only new Smith I bought in the past several years was a Shield in .45acp, and it sorta doesn't really count. To be completely fair, maybe there are some really talented craftsmen working at S&W, but I'd have to believe they're few and far between.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wondered how they got the cylinder opening in the frame. Now I know, a vertical broach. Years ago, I spent several years working in machine shop, with tools dating back to the 40s and 50s if not older. Have even ran a horizontal broach more than once. Interesting to see those pictures. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts