Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
xtm,

Folks on the gun forums talk alot about Tulsa and the big show there...

It is a dream of mine to be able to go to Friendship...kind of the Mecca for the Muzzleloading crowd... :)

giz

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
kind of the Mecca for the Muzzleloading crowd...
Do they walk around the outhouse chanting "Powder, patched ball, seat the ball and charge the pan"? :lol:

I've said it before, I'll say it again,
You got to hand it to the people that are into the muzzle loaders. Dedication to the sport is a must to even perform on a mediocre level and I've seen guys do stuff with a smooth bore that I thought was amazing

·
Registered
35 Posts
Never been enthused by black powder, but have always enjoyed my visits to Friendship over the last 50 plus years. They have a spring shoot and a fall shoot with matches for everything. (rifle, pistol, shotgun.) Exhibits by current gunsmiths are excellent.

The adjacent fleamarket areas include blacksmith/knifemaking equipment, cast iron cookware etc.

Overnight accommodations are very limited in the area with RVs being prefered by most. Its not west Texas but its remote by most standards..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GOM said:
Never been enthused by black powder, but have always enjoyed my visits to Friendship over the last 50 plus years......
Since you're not enthused by black powder, why do you keep going back to visit Friendship? Just curious.... ;)

xtm

·
Registered
35 Posts
xtm

While I don't participate in black powder events, I encourage and support those that do. My visits are like a one day vacation. The place attracts a lot interesting people who don't shoot in competition.
I've often thought that Friendship is more a state of mind than a place. My first visit as an eighteen year old kid I was allowed to examine Walker Colt offered by one of the dealers. Over the years I've sampled jerked turkey, roast bison and an assortment of liquid refreshments (some homemade), listened to some pretty good banjo picking and chatted with some very interesting folks. It beats the hell out of ballgames and movies in my mind.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GOM,

I figured you'd 'fess up that you had some kind of black powder shooter in your gun rack.... :)

I don't participate in any BP events or dress up in any period costume either, but enjoy shooting a few BP firearms from time-to-time. I shoot this one fairly often, but not many rounds at a time - I like to load it up and wander around the woods:

JMO, but every shooter needs at least one BP firearm! :)

xtm

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
xtimberman said:
GOM,

I figured you'd 'fess up that you had some kind of black powder shooter in your gun rack.... :)

I don't participate in any BP events or dress up in any period costume either, but enjoy shooting a few BP firearms from time-to-time. I shoot this one fairly often, but not many rounds at a time - I like to load it up and wander around the woods:

JMO, but every shooter needs at least one BP firearm! :)

xtm

Or more!!!!!! My son two weekends ago finally got to shoot my 1863 Zouave, and has been bitten by the BP bug. Its all he wants to shoot now, and bug's the heck out of me when are we going to the range again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts