Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey :bluelogo:,

Neighbor called, and asked me up to shoot a bit yesterday evening!;)

We shot Strong/Weak Hand barricade. Several different "scenarios"... :confused::eek::D:2213-2214::442-642: Varying "start" positions...even went one "scenario" with unloaded firearm in one compartment of range bag with ammo in another...

What fun can be had with a dozen targets and a few pieces of steel! :cool:

I used my M 15 with Safariland Comp II Speed Loaders.

He used his Stainless Gold Cup...

Figure about 150+ rds each? :D:cool:

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
20,512 Posts
Hey Mark,

Looks like you had a great time. Always fun to spend some time shooting at the range with your friends. Jonesy and I went out to the range today. I brought my 3" GP100 because I hadn't shot it in a while, along with my 638. Jonesy brought his newly acquired M10 and 686 snubby. We did a little target shooting but mainly defensive/combat shooting. Both did very well and I finally got to shoot jonesy's M10 snubby and all I can say is SWEEEEEEET! Any day at the range is a good one!:)

Later,
Curt

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Curt,

Great day for it! (spent it chopping down my weeds........for it rains again) LOL

Hope the skeeters weren't trying cart you off!!

Those pocket rockets.............bring a whole new meaning to SKILL LEVEL! You have to practice real regular....to keep in the "A Zone"!!

Another "subtlety" that many do not realize....the "balance", "feel" and "geometry" of the GP is very different from a "J" or "K"! (I think the lock time on the GP is much longer than a "K") OPINION ONLY! LOL

Not "knocking"!! Pointing out that all 3" revolvers are not "equal"??

If a fellow gets used to "one"....it can take a couple of cylinders to get "used to" the "other"...(excuse to shoot more ammo) LOL

Similar to two 1911's....one can have a 3# trigger and guide rod (more weight up "front"), long trigger and a "flat" main spring housing.

The other will have a 4# trigger, no rod, short trigger and "arched" main spring housing.

Different "feels" ..........LOL

Of course...........I think a 4" revolver is a "snubby"....LOL

Did you and Jonesy do any "weak hand" work? That is always FUN ! (or humiliating) LOL

Glad you had a great time!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
20,512 Posts
Hey Mark,

We didn't do any "weak hand" work this time but we have done it before. We even had an old jacket and practiced shooting through the pocket at close range with our .380's.:D

Later,
Curt

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mark,

We didn't do any "weak hand" work this time but we have done it before. We even had an old jacket and practiced shooting through the pocket at close range with our .380's.:D

Later,
Curt
Hey Curt,

!!! I like the way you guys think!!

Question?? Were there any malfunctions in pocket shooting??

Creative! And "Old School"....all at the same time!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
20,512 Posts
Hey Mark,

Did that pocket shooting a while ago. No there were no malfunctions and was surprisingly pretty effective:D. I am sure we will be doing that drill again. Jonesy also made a mock up car door, with open window, for practicing carjacking situations while seated. We set up target silhouettes at various locations for criminals approaching the mock vehicle. Overall was great training.

Later,
Curt

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I'm going to The Clubb tomorrow for a "Mystery" shoot...? probably bring a piece nobody has seen. I go for the food and jokes.
Still better than an evening with the inlaws! Sis back in Texas is doin fine.....me, I'm good...!
Have a good weekend Y'all and be safe too!

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Mark,

Did that pocket shooting a while ago. No there were no malfunctions and was surprisingly pretty effective:D. I am sure we will be doing that drill again. Jonesy also made a mock up car door, with open window, for practicing carjacking situations while seated. We set up target silhouettes at various locations for criminals approaching the mock vehicle. Overall was great training.

Later,
Curt
Hey Curt,

Another "fun one"........cut the ends out of a barrel.....Oh boy!

The "seated" as in a car....always good...remember the seat belt....LOL

Another "good one"....is put a 3 "D" Cell Mag Light in the weak hand....simulate night work..... (yes, there are better flashlights now...this one forces you to evaluate your own STRONG HAND ONLY shooting)

Another fun thing......after the draw, pick up a range bag (simulated baby) in the strong hand....engage course of fire WEAK HAND ONLY!

For "inspiration", you can look at "stages" on ICORE, IDPA & USPSA..... set up part of a stage you want to shoot (or is PRACTICAL.....87rds on one course of fire is not realistic) LOL

Do practice "Speed Strip" reloads.....be ready for "ammo on the ground"......LOL (I am an expert in BOBBLED revolver reloads) LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360
1 - 8 of 8 Posts