Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
That is a very gratifying result!!! Have been thinking really hard about a AR of some sort. Inclined to go w/ Ruger simply b/c of multiple reports of good on target results, etc. Is this a four shot or five shot group, a single group or has your load development progressed to a more extensive evaluation, i.e., multiple groups, etc. Sincerely. bruce.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a very gratifying result!!! Have been thinking really hard about a AR of some sort. Inclined to go w/ Ruger simply b/c of multiple reports of good on target results, etc. Is this a four shot or five shot group, a single group or has your load development progressed to a more extensive evaluation, i.e., multiple groups, etc. Sincerely. bruce.
Bruce, that is four shot group @ 100yds using H322 powder.....
I was testing with 6 different loads that day. Three loads with this 55gr SBT. The other two test loads with this bullet were excellent as well. Those two groups ranged right close to an inch.
The other three test loads were with the 55gr BTHP Sierra and they shot about the same with one load tad under an inch......
This was the best group with the 55gr BTHP. Other two hovered around an inch as well....
Great shooting rifle especially after putting in the LuRue 2 stage trigger 馃憤馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That is a very gratifying result!!! Have been thinking really hard about a AR of some sort. Inclined to go w/ Ruger simply b/c of multiple reports of good on target results, etc. Is this a four shot or five shot group, a single group or has your load development progressed to a more extensive evaluation, i.e., multiple groups, etc. Sincerely. bruce
Bruce if your wanting to get a AR , better start shopping. I am now looking for a Rock River LAR-15 Target......having a hard time finding it... Dealers telling me if they order it may be two weeks to 6 months !! And seems they are starting to go up in price some....

Registered
Bruce if your wanting to get a AR , better start shopping. I am now looking for a Rock River LAR-15 Target......having a hard time finding it... Dealers telling me if they order it may be two weeks to 6 months !! And seems they are starting to good up in price some....
I bought my Ruger AR556 for $449 at rural king 2 years ago. They now list it for $749, and availability is zero with none in site anytime soon.

Registered
Take it out to 200 and report back............ :D

I sight in every one of my rifles at 200 or 250 (depending on caliber) and handguns at 50 unless it's my 460 and that was at 100.

I must have 30 pounds of 322 and 335 upstairs in the armory. Have a full Cabelas plastic ammo box stuffed with 223 brass, sized and primed. and around 8000 loaded in various flavors.

Reactions: paulwv
1 - 6 of 6 Posts