Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,324 Posts
IMHO it's not NIB. I won't argue that it shows light use, but it's only NIB if there's no muzzle wear, little to no turn line, and everything is in the box exactly as it was shipped from the factory. It's certainly a very nice pistol, and will bring a premium, but certainly not a NIB price.
You can certainly dis-agree with my assessment, but I'll stick to my guns here.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Hey Deermatt. I'm with Gregory on this one. A very nice one indeed and I probably would've jumped on it if the price was what i was willing to pay. Be safe and God bless. Dick

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
I agree w/ Gregory too, even if unfired it's not NIB. A fine gun that costs as much as a Colt Python around here & about 1/10th as plentiful. A great find! I'd use it & love it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't argue with experts, but once I get it cleaned up I'll post a few more pics (it was dirty from just sitting), but For the record, everything except the tool kit is in the box, it has no muzzle wear (or wear anywhere) and a light turn line. The barrel and cylinder are clean as a pin, as in too clean to have been fired much IF any at all. I can't find any carbon on the gun. It may not meet the NIB Standard but it's a outstanding gun that isn't found everyday. :p

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Hey Deermatt,

That is a swell looking M 48!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
3,958 Posts
cool gun.. I like it.. hopefully it shoots well for you..

some of the earlier ones can be a bit temperamental, I've a no dash that loads up with powder and the cylinder and action just tighten up after a little shooting. have to clean the thing to get it loose again.. its destined for a gunshop workover one of these days..

I do love shooting the 22mag though - if you do, id recommend one of these (M650) little fireball launchers ... flame on !!
650_04_small.jpg

·
Registered
415 Posts
Congrats on a great addition, I had one years ago and let it go for some dumb reason. I only miss it once in a while....and now I miss it.

Reactions: William Munny

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
.22 magnums are downright addicting. In my experience they out penetrate most handgun calibers including the .357 & are a very accurate, flat shooting round. That should make an excellent shooter & if you ever decide you don't like it there are usually a lot of folks looking for one. I walked into a gun show w/ 1 once & for the next 1/2 hour had a bidding/trading war going that ended w/ 2 happy guys (me & the new owner) & 6-8 somewhat disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
19,324 Posts
Deermatt,
Don't get me wrong. Any Model 48 is better than none at all. Mine has so much wear you would think it was wiped down with a lead cloth thinning the bluing to the point little is left. But it's a great shooter, and that's what they were made to do anyway. I hope you can enjoy your's as much as those of us that have one enjoy ours.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Beautiful, practical revolver in a marvelous caliber.
Like you, I would have been very happy to have found it and become the new owner.
Enjoy your new revolver.

rayb

·
Registered
490 Posts
NICE FIND!!! CONGRATS!!! I shoot this one- yeah, she will start to get stiff after 2/4 cylinders full at the range00 a quick brush on the rear of the cylinder takes care of that. In the feild it doesn't matter. When I got her a few years back, I began stocking up on some ammo for her. Glad I did, :) Oh yeah, I believe her to be first year production. :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
That is a beauty.
All of you are such enablers.
I finally get to where I think I have all the s&w models I need , and someone starts a post like this.
Thanks for the great pictures and adding another to my want list.
Twig.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts