That is some "Sure Fine" shooting!

Love it when a plan comes together!

Later, Mark

• Love
Reactions: paulwv

·
Registered
149 Posts
Paul, congrats on finding a good load for the Rem. Isn't it a great feeling when a gun and load come together. That is a really nice looking rig.
I, at one time, had a Rem 700 VLS in .22-250 that was also a tack driver. It was bad medicine on coyotes. But dang that thing was heavy to carry in the field. JA

• Love

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul, congrats on finding a good load for the Rem. Isn't it a great feeling when a gun and load come together. That is a really nice looking rig.
I, at one time, had a Rem 700 VLS in .22-250 that was also a tack driver. It was bad medicine on coyotes. But dang that thing was heavy to carry in the field. JA
Oh your right about heavy……yours was probably a little heavier than mine with yours having that laminate stock………..

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
4064 and 3031 are two powders I always keep on hand. Varget meters better but isn't anymore accurate than those two in my .243 or .220 Swift. Nosler BTs are my favorite varmint bullets. Varget does work better in my 7mm/08 with 140 grain BTs.

·
Registered
22,724 Posts
I use Varget myself and I like to keep the MV below 2300 fps. Have a Savage with a snot stock however and no optic. I use an ATN night vision electronic scope with illuminator.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I had a .22-250 that was a tack driver but I used IMR 4320, simply because that's what I had on hand when I got it. The previous owner used IMR 4064, but a lot more than 32.5 grains.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Paul, I just picked up a used front rest like you have in the second picture. It did not come with a bag. What are you using for a front bag with that rest? Thanks. JA

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paul, I just picked up a used front rest like you have in the second picture. It did not come with a bag. What are you using for a front bag with that rest? Thanks. JA
Sorry for answering so late……
We have a custom leather shop here, and bags are suede type leather material. Do not remember the filling. Bought them years ago

1 - 15 of 15 Posts