Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since i picked up my t-lock in .45 auto rim, Ive been thinking i really need to get a .45 auto....
I've been wanting to get a S&W 1911 just to keep things all the same "family" however,, also been wanting a Colt 1911 for historical reasons....
I've had a Springfield, a Thompson and a Colt before, all had the same problem, they didn't fit my hand right, just didn't feel comfortable to me.....

SO..... today while out riding around, decided to stop at the local shop.
sitting quietly in the back of the case.... a Sig220 twotone...
now i"ve had a 226 for a while, it's always been reliable, comfortable to hold and accurate enough for what it's intended for..
I figured a 220 would work just as well, just in .45......
well here it is...looks like it's possably unfired, at least fired little,(no "smilies" on the barrel..) few nicks on the edges of the trigger gaurd but other than that......

now I know it's not a Smith...... but they have been discribed as
Sig-a-lisious... :lol:

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Shoot it, Like it, Learn it, and never look back.

The SIG 220 is THE .45 Autopistol to have in my not-so-humble opinion.

After I bought and shot my first 220, I sold off all my 1911's (except my Navy Built Para P-14) and bought another as a backup. I went so far as to buy one for each of my sons.

Truely a wonderful pistol.

Drew

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I agree the P220 is a great gun! I've had two.

They can sure shoot!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sinned?? Nope ..you have found grace and redemption !
My Sig P220 is what I judge all the others by.
The two tone non rail Sig P-220 is the best that Sig has made in my opinion. Now ..just go shoot it and you'll see for yourself. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WHEW...... well i feel better about it being a non smith.
i did however get to take it out and run a box of shells through it this afternoon...and yes it shoots like a Sig.......perfect...
the only thing i don't like about it is the grips,, just can't warm up to plastic or what ever they are.....took a look at Nill's on the website. Ouch..... looks like ramin noodles again for a while.... :lol: or, i do have a few nice pieces of walnut out in the shop.......hmmmm.
oh, and the funkie glow in the dark sights are kinda cool too.. :roll:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
kritter said:
WHEW...... well i feel better about it being a non smith.
i did however get to take it out and run a box of shells through it this afternoon...and yes it shoots like a Sig.......perfect...
the only thing i don't like about it is the grips,, just can't warm up to plastic or what ever they are.....took a look at Nill's on the website. Ouch..... looks like ramin noodles again for a while.... :lol: or, i do have a few nice pieces of walnut out in the shop.......hmmmm.
oh, and the funkie glow in the dark sights are kinda cool too.. :roll:
Try some skate tape on the front strap, its what I did to my P226. Makes for a very solid hold.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I run mine with a pair of Hogue rubber grips. I like them better than the originals. The Nill's are sweet and have temtpted me for years to break down and buy a pair.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
You're gonna really like that good lookin' .45!

I always wanted some grips that had more class than the stock plastic. Finally Sig released the Equinox grips for sale without a gun attached. It took a bit of work with a Dremel to get them to work properly on my 1989 vintage P220, but I like how they look and they feel just like the stock grips.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
kritter
I don't know how I missed this thread. Maybe the title threw me.
Congrats on your 220. You will like your gun more as time goes on. The more you shoot it. The better it gets.

Leighton
Thanks for the tip on the tape. On the 220's I have I do not need the tape. One day I may put a slip grip on her.

Steve
Great looking Sig. The grips look very nice on your 220.

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
Another great SIG thread. Jim had one as well. Your is great looking firearm too. I checked out SIGs once but couldn't handle them well because you can't carry them in condition one(smallish hands here). :(

That is one reason I love my H & K USP in .45. Condition one carry and the grip is pretty comfortable to me. :)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
WendyZXZ said:
Another great SIG thread. Jim had one as well. Your is great looking firearm too. I checked out SIGs once but couldn't handle them well because you can't carry them in condition one(smallish hands here). :(

That is one reason I love my H & K USP in .45. Condition one carry and the grip is pretty comfortable to me. :)
HK USP .45, WOW I'm impressed!!!!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Wendy
Congrats on your HK. The USP is a great pistol. The USP is in the same league as the P220. For me the P220 works fine. I owned a couple USP's. I like the USP a lot. Your Daddy taught you well. My hat's off to him.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
Leighton said:
WendyZXZ said:

HK USP .45, WOW I'm impressed!!!!
I love mine. Great shooter! :D

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
Jim said:
Wendy
Congrats on your HK. The USP is a great pistol. The USP is in the same league as the P220. For me the P220 works fine. I owned a couple USP's. I like the USP a lot. Your Daddy taught you well. My hat's off to him.
Jim
Thanks Jim! I think he did pretty well for being a single dad from I was 6 and my brother was 3. :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok,, now I'm back.. the Sig got a little "tarted up" just to meet my personal preferances.. :roll: .... Hey, I like them to look "pretty " too.
the adjustable sights i'm not too sure of.. the seem to catch on everything, but,, untill i find a load it and I like, they are going to stay on .
the grips are Sig rosewood, and i think look rather nice.. and i had to get away from that "plastic"
However a new problem has arose,,
do I go away from my 66-2 to the Sig?, both about the same size, six shots of .357 or several of .45?
Hmmmmm....
anyhow heres how they look......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts