Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I checked in on a shop I had all but forgotten and asked about CCI small pistol primers. He had them! Most places have limits of one box if they have them. He asked how many boxes I wanted so I said three. Thinking three hundred. He brought out 3000! Overjoyed but fearing the price I asked what the damage was. $35.00 per thousand. Woot! Start the car!

I also got 1000 115gr plated round nose 9mm abd 1000 in 124gr. All set.

I get home and set up the press and when I got out a bin of 500 brass I had forgotten again. It was cleaned, sized and reprimed already! Another 500 ready to go. So now I can load some 38 too.

A good day for a absent minded old coot. Better focus now at the press.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Hey B Man,

You get a LOTTO ticket?

Great SCORE! on the primers!!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
21,500 Posts
Congrats on the lucky find. As MAC said not much floating around here but did see some powders just none I used. Like you, I got all my brass cleaned and now to start reloading. Enjoy reloading those.

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
You did good considering what I'm seeing around here. Not an issue with me as I have excessive amounts of 'fixin's'

·
Registered
413 Posts
You are one lucky Guy! And a smoking good price as well!
Not a dammed thing on the shelves here in my area. Even shot guns shells are pretty much gone, indicating to me a more intense panic than in the past.
Since there are limits to my disposable cash, I am not invested in supplies as heavy as I should be. So, depending on when this ends, I may or may not be ok. My supplies are limited, but i'm in better shape than a lot of people are.
Just have to wait and what happens, and how long it will last.

I am reluctant to admit that I am one who failed to prepare in the area of shot gun shells. Not that I use very many, just shoot some clays once in a great while. In the last few years I just picked up a box of 100 at China mart when we were planning a clay shoot. Stopped loading for shot guns several years ago, but will have to dust off the Mec one of these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts