Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,455 Posts
Just one more week of graveyard shift. The fun and boring part of the last 3 weeks is how slow things are when things go well on the second and third shifts. I will like this job. Before they automated things both shifts were non stop, now the 2nd one is the first 2 hours is wait until the work starts and the last 2 hours is my work is done. The 3rd shift is come in at midnight and start processing and printing which lasts until about 4 am and then downtime. What tells me this is a good company is that they keep both shifts on full time, no pay cut for lack of work and full benefits. You consider how many companies do that and...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Ahhhhh, the Mystical Land of Tommorrow. Only problem is that when it finally gets here, its already Today::) Mike
I once frequented a restaurant near Baytown, Tx at the base of the San Jacinto monument that had a sign in the bar that read, "Free Drinks Tomorrow!!

And of course, it was "always" tomorrow when you read the sign!

·
Super Moderator
31,455 Posts
The weird part for me the last 3 weeks and looking forward to the fourth week are the ghost stories here and hearing about what others have told happening. The place is supposed to be haunted by a few suicides including one who hung himself here and more who were killed during the 1953 tornado that struck the city.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I remember the Waco tornado. I was 6 years old. My Father was driving around downtown towards the end of it and afterwards. I was huddled with my grandparents, sister, and mother in an 1950 Ford in a garage at Colcord Ave. and 34th (I think). Kinda' scary with the wind and all.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Wendy, glad to see you're getting a taste of the grave-yard shift, its bound to make you grateful for day shift. I worked the 3rd shift in a high crime area of Miami; that put a little zest into the job. . .There was a popular saying in the area: "You know what you call a person who doesn't carry a gun?" The answer was "A VICTIM!"

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Has seen the graveyard shift. Now bring my butt up to the ugly and screwed up day shift.
Rule of thumb @ my job (factory). 3rd shift generally runs 80-90% reliability across 4 lines, consistently. 1st shift comes in & pulls off a whopping 55-65% usually. 2nd shift is about 60ish but, they have 1 hour of sanitation everyday. Every hour is 12.5% reliability. 1st shift has the most senior employees & the most mechanics and supervisors. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts