Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep a magnifying glass at the computer desk, one of those Harbor Freight rectangular jobs. Laying it on the desk gets it dusty and it's in the way. I drilled a hole in it's handle and put a cup hook in underneath the top counter. It keeps it cleaner longer and within easy reach.

P1010585.JPG

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I got lasik, what a blessing...and cheaper than one year prescription glasses these days..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Here's a trick for squinting avoidance: 20160616_131423.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,808 Posts
Yeah, I keep a magnifying glass in the office desk drawer. One in a kitchen drawer too. I also carry a credit card size magnifier in my wallet. It's actually a bit thinner than a credit card. It's come in handy a time or two when out and about.

·
Premium Member
17,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The credit card magnifiers also make nice emergency lighters with the sun.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I have a couple at my bench, along with (hard swallow) cheaters....

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey 1941,

You have done it!

Found the CURE fer them blame "Fuzzy Sights"! :D

Great idea!

Later, Mark

Reactions: 19and41

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
What I've found a blessing hundreds of times is having something (my glasses) between my eyes & flying objects; which with Lasik or contacts you don't have.
I wear safety glasses and PPE everyday mate, and when I do risky tasks.. living in FL with the humidity is a PITA, when working around my home. I get where you are coming from, but it was a blessing for me. We all have opinions mate.

Thewelshm

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Yeah, I keep a magnifying glass in the office desk drawer. One in a kitchen drawer too. I also carry a credit card size magnifier in my wallet. It's actually a bit thinner than a credit card. It's come in handy a time or two when out and about.
I had one once called “The Owl” with a light feature. Credit card size, I think wifey has it now I need to ask her..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a couple at my bench, along with (hard swallow) cheaters....
My wife and I are still in denial...but we have “cheaters” all over the house!

·
Premium Member
11,469 Posts
My bifocals hang around my neck and the computer glasses stay by the computer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts