Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20,451 Posts
Just got my hands on this 66-1 on Tuesday, haven't stopped smiling since. View attachment 413903
Congrats on getting that beautiful model 66-1. A great revolver indeed. I have a model 66-2 that I was fortunate to get a few years back. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Curt360, happy to join all the other lovers of S&W's.
I also have a 29-2 that I've had for 25 years, and a 19-5 that is my shooter. I will post photos of them later but I have a question.
How does everyone feel about the fact that this 66-1 looks like it has never been fired, would you fire it, or let it be the safe queen?
I have an opinion but I would like to hear others opinions as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks Curt360, happy to join all the other lovers of S&W's.
I also have a 29-2 that I've had for 25 years, and a 19-5 that is my shooter. I will post photos of them later but I have a question.
How does everyone feel about the fact that this 66-1 looks like it has never been fired, would you fire it, or let it be the safe queen?
I have an opinion but I would like to hear others opinions as well.
Me I would fire it, then put it back in the safe and fire my other stuff more. Geez guys thanks I dont feel right after reading and seeing all of the great revolvers on this thread, as I dont own a 66. I have 2 19's but no 66. Probably will remedy that next year as I have blown my personal budget for this year.

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Me I would fire it, then put it back in the safe and fire my other stuff more. Geez guys thanks I dont feel right after reading and seeing all of the great revolvers on this thread, as I dont own a 66. I have 2 19's but no 66. Probably will remedy that next year as I have blown my personal budget for this year.
Really, there is not much difference between shooting a M-19 or a M-66.........they shoot the same ammo. The 66 is Stainless Steel, but that doesn't make it shoot any better! I don't have a M-19, but I don't care....I have a M-66-1, and I don't shoot it. I use my M-10-7......which is good enough for me. ;) (and I can still hear something? What????) :D Bob

·
Registered
414 Posts
Really, there is not much difference between shooting a M-19 or a M-66.........they shoot the same ammo. The 66 is Stainless Steel, but that doesn't make it shoot any better! I don't have a M-19, but I don't care....I have a M-66-1, and I don't shoot it. I use my M-10-7......which is good enough for me. ;) (and I can still hear something? What????) :D Bob
But they shiny

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did take it to the range and shot it along with my 19-6. I ran 38's and 357's through it, cleaned it thoroughly, lubed it, and placed it back into the safe. I may not shoot it again but I figure a pistol in my safe that has never been shot could just as easily be a brick.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts